We have stayed in this hotel a few times and the standards of service and cleanliness have always been very high. The staff are always very friendly and very good at their jobs.
The bar and restaurant area was updated recently. I thought this was odd as the hotel had not been open very long, but it has a much better atmosphere now. It is more welcoming and feels less like an extension of the reception area. We have had drinks in the bar on several occasions but we have never eaten in the restaurant, so I cannot comment on the food. We just use the bar as somewhere to have a drink before going into Cambridge or a drink when we return, before going to bed.
There is plenty of free parking and it is about a £8-10 taxi ride into the centre of town.
On this occasion we had a problem with noise from the room above. I realise it is not the hotel's fault if:
1) Someone makes as much noise as a baby elephant when they stomp around.
2) The same person continually walks up and down their room, including early in the morning; what were they doing?
(Whoever was in room 530 on Friday 21 March it was you!).
But I would have expected better soundproofing, especially in a hotel built so recently, and I consider this a significant problem with this hotel.
There is a major building project going on next door to the hotel but that did not cause a problem. Nor does the A14, which passes close to the hotel. As usual it's just inconsiderate guests who cause the problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're messing about on the river or serious about your studies, Premier Inn Hotel Cambridge (A14, J32) is in the perfect place to stay. From the colleges to the business parks, you'll find great transport links too. See the Red Arrows take to the wing at Duxford, or run like the wind at the Chariots of Fire race. Let your imagination take flight wandering through the tranquil grounds of Anglesey Abbey, or land on a bargain with some shopping in Cambridge. Then fly back to the hotel for some lovely food and a comfy bed. Directions: From A14 Jct 32: Follow signs for B1049 (Signposted City Centre). At 1st set of traffic lights, turn left onto Kings Hedges Road, then 1st left onto Iceni Way and follow the road to the right. Transport and local information: Cambridge University 2.5 Miles Cambridge Railway Station 4 Miles Cambridge City Airport 4 Miles Wandlebury Country Park 7 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Cambridge (A14, J32) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cambridge (a14 j32) Hotel Cambridge