“Really nice. Just needs a local shop!”

Premier Inn Cambridge (A14, J32) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
“Really nice. Just needs a local shop!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I found this hotel to be in very good condition, I had a great nights sleep and the staff were courteous. No delays checking in etc.

I'm only writing the review to say to pop to a shop before you arrive if you want to get anything such as a large bottle of lemonade etc. A taxi driver told me there are plans to build a Tesco Express nearby but otherwise you are in the middle of houses. I was given directions to a small store 10 mins away. I made it after going the wrong way and questioning three strangers but I think a total fluke I found it! It was far from easy to spot and I must say not in too a desirable area.

That aside I'll go back again. Just more prepared!

Also not the best place to stay, I'd say if you plan to visit the local sites daily. It is a bit out of the city centre although I think in a bus route.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Switzerland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great beds, good value, perfect for families with kids who want to share a room. Breakfast is good as well as dinner, they have good value breakfast and dinner deals and kids eat breakfast for free (one kid per adult). There is a play ground outside and the hotel is located in a quiet residential area. The hotel aso offers free parking.
Negative: One can't walk to Cambridge city centre but there are busses. There are no restaurants nearby.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Edge of town location but regular bus link to Central Cambridge for visiting the sites. Excellent friendly service with clean, large family room. We visited during a particularly warm spell, and appreciated the air conditioning.

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights. I often stay in Premier Inns but when I looked at this one in Cambridge I rejected it in the first place because of its location which is on a new development with only houses and no other amenities and not in central Cambridge. However, when I looked at the prices for hotels in central Cambridge I was surprised at the very high prices and when I read a lot of the reviews I was not impressed at all considering the prices they were charging. I looked again at Cambridge Premier Inn and found there was a good bus service every 20 mins into the centre and the bus stop was only a 5 min. walk away for the City Bus. Taking a car into Cambridge is not advisable and there are Park and Ride places but taking the bus in was for me the easiest option. Please note that Park and Ride from mid July 2014 will be charging to leave your car at the Park and Ride car parks. As I know what I will be getting at Premier Inns I decided to book in to Orchard Park, Cambridge and was not disappointed.The staff, as usual were very friendly and helpful. I had the Meal Deal for 5 nights which I enjoyed very much as the deal included any main meal dish which in the past has been restricted to only certain dishes. During my stay there there was an offer on at the bar which gave an offer of buy a drink and get the same one free( apart from champagne) from Mon. to Thurs. till 7pm. However, this most likely is not available all the time so please check it out.
I stayed in room 704 which overlooks the A14 and is noisy if the window is open but fine is the window is closed and the AC works well.
WI-fI is free for 20 mins a day but I didn't find it very easy to connect to but I was aware of this before I booked from reading other reviews. I didn't bother trying out the £3 for 24 hours as I was out most of the days so not really sure how efficient it was to connect on a 24 hour basis.
As most of my time was spent in Cambridge I found getting around on buses was good and there is always the Hop on Hop bus which can include a Punt ride for 45 mins to see the Backs of the colleges and is the only way to see them. Overall I found this a good place to stay if visiting Cambrige and would return if I visited Cambridge again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nationaltrustmember
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in a family room which had a double bed and 2 dedicated single beds. The room was very clean and beds were very comfortable. We also had breakfast (additional charge) which was very good and very much enjoyed by all in a lovely internal restaurant. We found this hotel very good value for money. Good location -easy access from/to road links. Would definitely recommend this Premier Inn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marie W
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It's a good hotel but ... the wifi is wretched. At the moment (Tuesday 17:30) it's speed is 0.6 mbits/sec. It's so slow that it took four attempts to log in, as the connection kept timing out. This is disastrous if you want to work at all. 3G is essential but of course slows down in the evening too

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 123456700
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Cambridge (A14, J32) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service. Thank you also for your feedback regarding Wi-Fi, please be assured your comments will be passed to our Marketing department. Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We are fans of the "Premier Inn" chain. This is a modern purpose built hotel in a residential area easy to get to off the A14. There are no other facilities within walking distance (apart from sports grounds) its a quiet area. There is ample parking.

We did B&B and were as always happy with the serve yourself cooked breakfast. The rooms we had were clean and well maintained - the hotel seems quite new.
Though the weather was hot the ventilation was "cooled" - I don't think it was air-conditioned but might be wrong, in any event we had two comfortable nights.

The only gripe we might have is the very poor mobile phone signal on "3" and "Virgin" phones, had to go outside where the signal was OK. Is this something the hotel is doing to boost their Wifi takings? surprising as it is so close to a main road.