“A good meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
“A good meal”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This restaurant serves good quality food. The meat was good, freshly cooked, a generous portion and the sauce was very tasty and just the right amount. The menu is well set out, easy to follow and explains clearly how hot the sauce will be. Staff are helpful and service is good. The décor is pleasant and everything was spotlessly clean. Prices are reasonable. The restaurant was busy so that is a good sign, too. I would eat here again.

• Visited June 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“We always enjoy our curry here”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

After many years of living in Cambridge, and sampling many of the curry houses round and about, we have settled on the Saffron Brasserie as our favourite, and now we visit every month or so. It is the nearest one to us, which is a factor, but we have seldom been even slightly disappointed in either the service or the food.

Our last visit (May 2014) was no exception. Saturday evening, busy restaurant, but we had an excellent mixed grill and chicken pathia between us. Everything came quickly, and service was good throughout.

Don't go there expecting a gourmet experience, or an extensive winelist. But in our experience it is usually a good and reliable option for a wide variety of curries.

Visited May 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
“Good North Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel has good authentic North Indian Food menu. The service is very good, the take away orders are attended so fast (less than 15 min) inspite of busy time.
If you want to try some good 'Indian' cuisine, you should go to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Curry was spot on (butter chicken)..brilliant mixed starter..daal was a bit flavorless but overall really good.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal I have ever been served, inedible.”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The worst curry I have ever had the misfortune to order! I ordered my favorite curry dish that I find is quite hot but very tasty, the Achari. What the Saffron Brasserie served me was basically boot leather (masqurading as lamb) covered in brown gravy and as many green chilli's as possible. It was painful to eat and I gave up after half a dozen mouthfuls. The achari uses a sour pickle of some sort (don't know what it's name is) and there was part of one in the serving (with complementary stone still attached) but I couldnt taste it at all. The staff did not ask was my meal okay (as almost every restaurant above MacDonalds do) and tidied it away while I was in the toilet not once enqiring why I had left most of it. Do not go here!

• Visited April 2014