“Best Breakfast in Cambridge”

Agora @ The Copper Kettle
Ranked #83 of 713 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I've only ever eaten breakfast here, but as a 'first port of call' for a shopping trip I have to say it is unparalleled. With views of Kings College to help the bacon down it captures much of what appeals about Cambridge.... Bustling, multicultural and cosmopolitan. That said, a couple of extra slices of bacon wouldn't go amiss.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited on a Groupon Voucher which entitled us to a hot and a cold meze for two. The offerings were really very ordinary and certainly not worth the standard menu price. Much of it was cheap supermarket quality (e.g. bright pink taramasalata!)
The atmosphere and style of the room was also somewhat cafeteria-like, with bright lighting which did nothing to enhance the experience.
The service would have been better had the staff had a better command of English but this does tend to be a problem in Cambridge. As it was, they came over quite surly!
We felt that, overall, it was expensive for the service, ambiance and food offered.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter saw paninis advertised on the board in the window & convinced me to give it a try. She had a ham & cheese and I tried their lentil soup. Both were really tasty but the approx $30 bill was way too much for what we had. She had an iced tea & I a small bottle of sparkling water. I should've known better since this place is on King's Parade. Seems everything on this street is marked up as per the location. The sweet shop & the souvenir shops are as well, we noticed, after checking out a couple of other places elsewhere.

1  Thank ajmoreno25
Reviewed 17 June 2014

While I do not doubt their food may well be fine later in the day, the brunch was very disappointing. It was not cooked correctly and was frankly tasteless. The service was slow and almost rude. And worst of all, the selection on the menu was rather dire.

1  Thank Jash_London
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We usually try to have lunch at the Copper Kettle when we visit Cambridge and it never disappoints. The food is tasty (especially the Brie and Bacon Paninis and the Mare Jacket Potato) and reasonably priced and the service is friendly. Lovely place!