We booked the hotel off t'interweb, based on previous reviews. We weren't disappointed. High quality fixtures & fittings, and attentive staff helped make our anniversary a real treat. The rooms aren't the cheapest, but they represent real value for money. Good quality breakfast included in the price. The views for the rooftop garden were spectacular, especially as the staff opened it up for us on the morning we left, as rain had made it impossible for us to get out there the previous evening. Not only that, but they took the time to explain all if the sights to us as well.
One word of caution. Parking is very expensive in Cambridge.
Would I go again - you bet! Would I recommend it unreservedly - too right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, LateRooms, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge