I read a glowing review about the hotel in the British Airways magazine whilst travelling to South Africa. My alma mater widely respected for its quality of education is not a town known for its hotels.
Finally a hotel worth it's weight in Gold. The location is faultless along with the staff. My room had all the usual mod cons and nice touches like the Illy Coffee, Magazines and Ipod dock.
The Gym and Spa is superb, lying in the jacuzzi on the river, with a stunning view one couldn't help feeling spoilt.
The rooftop bar, the piece de resistance is magnificent, it's worth going for that alone. I got chatting to some fellow drinkers on their third visit to the hotel and that to me speaks volume in itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge