The hotel has so much potential, but desperately lets itself down. Tucked away beside the Cam near Magdalene Bridge, the hotel is centrally located and has a fabulous roof terrace bar with far-reaching views for when the sun is out. Rooms are modern, but vary greatly in size - our shower room was literally too small to stretch your arms out! Major issues with front of house staff - far too inexperienced and desperately lacking in hospitality training. In one instance, our room keys were even given out to the wrong guests, which presented a huge security risk and just isn't acceptable. Varsity feels disjointed (not least because the 'spa' and breakfast are in other buildings). Unlikely to stay again - stay at Hotel du Vin for similar money and a far better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge