The hotel is in a great location, in the centre of Cambridge and right by the river cam. There is no parking so you have to park in the very tight public car park.
The hotel itself is very modern and nicely decorated but the rooms are hot with no air con so consider when you are goIng.
Fab bathroom with claw footed bath and enormous walk in shower with elemis products.
The roof terrace is great but was busy as anyone can go, expensive and staffed by teenagers who of course behave like teenagers.
The whole hotel and adjoining restaurant also seem to be staffed by teenagers which is disappointing for an expensive hotel where you expect better service.
Not sure I would stay again, especially if it is hot weather, it does look good though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge