We have just returned from our second visit to this centrally located hotel, and once again were not disappointed. The reception staff were polite and helpful upon arrival, and advised us where to find the cheapest, nearby car parking. They also offered to renew the parking charges on the meter each morning so that we did not have to worry about walking back to the car park before 8am every morning. This was a welcome extra offered by the hotel staff. Our room, on the 6th floor enjoyed fantastic panoramic views across the city, and was kept lovely and cool, despite the exceptionally warm weather, by the efficient air conditioning. Our room was bright and spacious, beautifully furnished and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows and crisp white linen ensured a great nights sleep. The highlight of our two day break was the time we spend on the rooftop terrace bar, not only for the fantastic views, but also for the most welcome cool breeze that was not available elsewhere in the city during the hot and humid temperatures. Not only did this rooftop bar attract customers from the hotel, but also locals who visited regularly to enjoy the views and meet with friends for drinks. The staff are attentive and plentiful, and I would advise anyone visiting the city to pay a visit here for unparalleled views and a lovely relaxed atmosphere. We ate in the steak restaurant on the first night and were impressed by the quality and choice of both food and wine. Breakfast, also served in the restaurant is of a very high quality, cooked to order and exceptionally tastey. Our food was always brought promptly and we could also help ourselves to the fresh fruit salad,cereals, pastries and cold meats and cheeses. The staff were polite, friendly and efficient and made us feel very welcome. My only complaint would be that our two night stay went too fast, and we will definately be returning to this little jewel in the centre of Cambridge one day very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge