Booked through booking.com and, like alot of others on here, we were upgraded to Magdelene room - beautiful views, four poster, enormous shower, tea, instant & filter coffee, wonderful bed. Although check in isn't until 3pm, we were able to get in at 1.30pm. Air con was a little disappointing.
Parking near by and hotel renewed parking ticket for us.
Breakfast lovely overlooking river.
Customer service very good. We wanted to look at the view from the roof terrace which wasn't open. One member of staff stopped what he was doing, went down to get the key and show us around. Outstanding views which must be great in the summer.
Definatly recomend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge