Got a complimentary upgrade from a Fellow's to Senior Fellow's room, which meant getting floor to ceiling windows and a balcony as well as more space. The room was very comfortable and clean, the bathroom was nicely-designed and fitted, and complimentary access to the neighbouring spa owned by the hotel was appreciated.
The location opposite Magdalene is very central, so this is definitely one of the nicer options for a comfortable stay in the centre of town. The roof terrace was closed during our visit but, when open in warmer weather, offers fantastic views of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge