Visited Cambridge last week ,we were recommended the hotel by friends who had stayed there on two previous occasions.
Met at the door by a porter and our car was whisked away to be parked. We arrived at midday and the room was not ready so we wandered into the city centre. We returned around 5pm, checked in , our room was perfect.
After relaxing for an hour or so my wife went to do a yoga class and I headed to the gym. The facilities are well above what you would expect.
The hotel recommended La Mimosa for dinner which was also very good.The host being particularly nice.
Breakfast was freshly made with an unlimited buffet we thought the warm croissants were a nice touch. Would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge