The Varsity Hotel & Spa
US$167
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$120
Helen Hotel(Cambridge)
US$124
US$244
US$219
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$68
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,550 results
All reviewsroof terracevalet parkingfloor to ceiling windowssenior fellowsthe riverilly coffeethe penthouseboutique hotelfifth floormagdalene collegevalet servicelovely hotelhotel guestscooked breakfastlovely roomreception areacentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed there one night on a business trip the staff couldn't be more helpful, arranging an early check in, free room upgrade, providing maps and directions. To help you plan be aware that Valet parking is £18 per night. Also if you want a full breakfast that's extra to the B & B rate.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here in January for a night and have to say I was not impressed.

First impressions last a lifetime, and the hotel is located down a narrow and dark lane full of student housing with a service ally to a few restaurants being the first thing you come to just before the hotel. You enter through a badly designed vestibule which narrows as you get further in and seems to advertise their electrical panel. The doors are heavy and glass - can't say they look disabled friendly either!

The receptionists were rude - they stayed seated throughout the check in and the tone of voice was that of disinterest in my business. I was then handed a key and pointed towards the lift to see myself to the room - no offer of help with luggage was offered as I only had the one carry case. Deciding to take the stairs My "Graduates Double" room on the third floor was looking onto neighbouring buildings and was small. The room was crammed with oversized furniture and the wallpaper was gaudy. There was a lack of minibar in the room and if I wanted a drink I had to call to reception to deal with the lacklustre receptionist. I chose just to keep to tap water.

There was no bath in the room which is okay for business people but I find to be just an easy way for corporate hotels to pack as many rooms into one space as possible.

Check-out was impersonal and as disinterested in me and my day as the check in was the night before.

I will not be returning to this hotel; I have paid the same amount for the Hotel du Vin in Cambridge before and they at least offer a friendly service! If I want mediocre service for small rooms, I'll go to The Holiday inn!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This hotel is well worth the money! The views from the room were spectacular and the service from the front desk to the valet parking was exceptional. The spa was great and treatments delivered to a high standard. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to going back in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I booked the Varsity for a two night stay (Friday and Saturday) for a couple of nights away without the kids. It's not cheap but it was well worth the money and we weren't disappointed. We booked one of the more expensive rooms and it was massive as was the bathroom. It was on the 4th floor with good views over the city. The hotel has been fitted out and finished to an excellent standard and the service was great too. We used the value parking which was good value considering the prices and availability of parking, not to mention the queues to get in elsewhere. It's in a great location right by the river and right next to everything the city has to offer. We'd definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: If you're going to pay this sort of money, pay a bit more and go for one of the large room which we did which was high up and away from some of the noise lower down.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

after a long journey the valet parking was exceptionally helpful. we booked in for some fantastic treatments in the same complex and then enjoyed the idyllic views from the restaurant. We didn't have to leave the building all weekend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple