We visited Cambridge for the weekend and luckily had the weather on our side.
Following a glorious walk along the banks of the Cam, we noticed a small sign for The Varsity, which advertised it's rooftop terrace bar - clearly it was the weather for a rooftop terrace!
Aftger struggling to find the entrance for 5 or so minutes, we made our way in and were immediatley greeted by a very helpful chap who pointed us in the right direction and even called the lift for us.
Arriving at the roof - what can I say - simply stunning 360 degree views!
We ordered two sandwiches and a bottle of wine, which is where I feel the experience was slightly let down, as the prices are very steep (£50).
That said, everything else about the venue was fantastic - great service / staff - beautiful views and excellent, if a bit pricey food.
Would we return? Absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge