We stayed here for one night because we were eating at Midsummer House. The hotel was easy enough to find and offered Valet parking for £18 for 24 hours which is cheap for Cambridge. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was clean and the view over Cambridge is fantastic, we stayed in a Fellows King room which was a good size with a large wardrobe and an Apple Mac to use if you have the time.
The Breakfast was in the adjoining Spa building which is only seconds away from the front of the hotel, breakfast is continental and good, again the staff a breakfast were very friendly.
One tip is too book early, we looked at prices two weeks before we booked, and by the time we booked they only had one room left and suprise suprise the room rate had gone up in the region of £60. So book early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge