Very good service on arrival. Rooms clean and well maintained. Took us up to closed rooftop terrace to see views over Cambridge at sunset. Positives: generous servings of wine in lounge. Effortless valet parking Let down by small details: hairdryer in my mother's room broken. Did not replenish shampoo in bathroom for second night's stay. Service at breakfast time was Ibis standard at best. Coffee at breakfast time scalded (contrast to delicious Illy coffee in room). Brown bread at breakfast time not very fresh. Repeated back and forth from restaurant to hotel, including bottles loudly emptied into trash right outside our window at 11pm - could better have waited until morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge