I recently booked The Varsity Hotel & Spa for a 2 day meeting which included hiring out a conference room for 2 days and 8 overnight rooms. Organising the booking with the hotel’s event’s organiser couldn’t have been easier and we were very well looked after during our stay. The conference room (Trinity Room) was perfect, with a balcony and great natural lighting coming in. Just what you need when you have an all-day meeting with the convenience of popping out onto the balcony for a five minute break soaking in the great view. The staff were very accommodating and welcoming and were always happy to help with any urgent/last minute requests. The bedrooms were all very nice, comfortable, clean and I have to say, the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in! The valet parking service was used by a few of us and was very convenient rather than paying double the amount to park in the car park nearby. Unfortunately, did not have time to use the spa facilities but I will most definitely return on a social occasion to use. Great location near various restaurants! We started the night off in the hotel’s restaurant/bar (River Bar) where they do some great cocktails. We went to Café Rouge around the corner where we had a fabulous meal and finished the evening off in the hotel bar. The only small downfalls were the toilets being situated on the 2nd floor from the Trinity Room which is on the 6th floor. The lift was a little slow so was a little inconvenient and the soft drinks provided during lunch were a little overpriced. A small bottle of coke at £3.50 is rather extortionate. However, overall, we all had a great experience with the friendly staff and would highly recommend for both a business trip and social trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge