The hotel in essence is very good, staff were great etc etc, it just has an odd setup.
The room (Superior) was very good indeed with a decent size bathroom, with roll top bath and separate shower cubicle. Strange when you consider the lady who has recently reviewed the suite - without separate shower.
Going back to the rest of the hotel. The Roof Terrace was not open, i think they were missing a trick, considering the recent good weather.
There is no bar! You have to use the hotel restaurant which is around the corner, personally I think you're better off to use one of the many local bars, if you wish to have a drink.
We didn't try the restaurant as it is heavily weighted to steak, which is fine, if you fancy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge