Stayed here one night as were dining in nearby midsummer house.
Loved the hotel, arrived in time for the free walking tour which was v interesting. Had a drink on the roof terrace which had great views and nice atmosphere in afternoon.
Staff throughout hotel were excellent having read some of the other reviews i was worried we might not think it was value for money but this was not case at all. Room was a good size, breakfast was good (it should include the cooked options though really) and valet parking is nice touch.
It wasnt clear on website if spa actually had jacuzzi and steam room etc but it does. Had booked a massage in advance which was v good. Nice touch that free appointments were advertised in lift.
Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge