Be advised you have to get to the hotel (if you're driving) from Magdalene Bridge end and not Park Street as my satnav took me. Luckily we know Cambridge quite well so were able to get ourselves there with no problem. They will valet park your car which really helps. Lovely hotel with a really excellent room. Very quiet and bed extremely comfortable with lovely bedding. We did pop up for a drink at the rooftop bar. A bit disappointed that there were so few cocktails. In saying that, they did have my favourite which is a negroni and it was really excellent. Beer and cocktails a bit pricey. However, I guess you're paying for the view and the cozy blankets they offer you on a cold evening.
Breakfast was very good as well. They will see me there again that's for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa