We were staying at the hotel for our wedding anniversary. The staff and Tariq in particular could not have been anymore helpful than they were. I was the first wheelchair user to stay at the hotel. The room was excellent. Rooms are accessed via a lift and were open and spacious with a hard floor making getting about very easy. The bathroom was to the highest spec with a beautiful walk in shower.
Although the hotel does not have its own bar / restaurant, it does have a 'relationship' with the River bar and kitchen and the Spa next door which were excellent also. The food was superb and very good value.
We will be visting again for sure and would recommend the hotel to anyone.
Many thanks for the help with the anniversary present!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge