I was spoilt for my birthday and this was a real treat. This hotel is located on a quiet side street and has great access to all of the main points of interest. After a warm welcome we were shown to our room and the view was breathtaking. Our room was located on the 5th floor and had panoramic views of the city through floor to ceiling windows. The room was emaculate and the super king size bed was extremely comfortable. It was a surprisingly warm evening so we enjoyed champagne on our balcony. We managed to get last minute tickets to Footlights and the ADC theatre is a short 5 minute walk. The use of the spa facilities added to a great experience and our porter explained that it was because of the age of the buildings that we couldnt access the spa internally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge