Having taken my husband away for the weekend for his birthday, I was very much looking forward to our stay at The Varsity. Although the entrance and reception area are small, the decor is really funky and the staff are excellent. It's very clean, the breakfast was great and facilities at the spa are fantastic too. However it's not a cheap hotel so we were somewhat disappointed by how tiny the room was. The bed was the smallest double I've ever seen and thanks to the paper thin walls and the guests next door leaving the TV on all night, we probably got about 2 hours sleep. We stay in hotels regularly and I've never experienced one with such bad sound insulation! Bearing in mind it was supposed to be a relaxing spa weekend it wasn't ideal that we came home exhausted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge