We stayed at the Varsity and made full use of its Spa facilities straight away. These were shown to us by Tariq who proved to be one of many very helpful and friendly staff.
The room was very comfortable, including large bed and beautifully appointed bathroom. Furnishings and tv were of very good quality. Lovely Elemis toiletries, soft towels and bathrobes - perfect.
Location was perect for us and right on the river Cam, punting just behind hotel, and next to Jesus Park, 10 mins walk to all main shopping areas.
Our only regret is that we did not try the restaurant for an evening meal, which we heard from other guests was excellent.
We will definately return to this super hotel, and hopefully in the summer its fantastic roof top area will be open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Varsity Hotel & Spa is located on the edge of the picturesque River Cam in the heart of Cambridge and just yards from St John's, Trinity and Magdalene College. Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive. Recharge in the wonderful Elemis spa before soaking up the beautiful skyline with drinks on the hotel's roof terrace,afternoon tea or dinner in the Six Panoramic Bar & Restaurant. Alternatively, guests can indulge in a hearty meal in the River Bar Steakhouse & Grill. Valet parking available from 7 am to 10 pm for hotel's guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Varsity Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Varsity Hotel Cambridge
- The Varsity Hotel And Spa