“AWESOME PUNTING TRIP”
Review of Granta Moorings

Granta Moorings
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Cambridge’s premier Boat Rental Company. Epitomising everything CAMBRIDGE for over 24 years, our range of options helps you be as laid back or hands on as you want. Let our University Crew take you down river, perfect for those who want to just kick back and relax… Or try our self rental punting and canoe option – ideal for the freedom to set your own itinerary and go independently. New for 2017 and our partnership with Millworks – a delightful picnic option..
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We absolutely loved our punting trip on the Cam, and Olly our guide was amazing. So much history and friendly banter - the conversation went everywhere, and the views are stunning. We looked at the punts from other companies as we travelled and Granta's are in by far the best condition, their staff are all young, fun and funky (and knowledgable at no extra cost!). We fully recommend getting a guide - people doing it themselves just wasted time trying to master the art, turning about in one spot of the river, and didn't get to see as much as we did. Thanks again guys!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a group of 24 people in 2 boats on the busiest day of the year, this company looked after all of them, ages ranging from 10 to 74, and gave them a memorable experience.
The two guides were very knowledgeable and were unflappable even though the river was very busy.
I would recommend this company if you want an unforgettable fun trip.

Lily-Crew, Manager at Granta Moorings, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it was so nice to meet you all.
Our crew take their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide a quality experience that visitors expect.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best Regards,
Lily

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My friend Balpreet and I had a lovely time punting today. We were guided very well by one if the Granta tour guides today (19/6/14). (Apologies I forget the name, was trying my level best to hide the migraine that so inconveniently ensued itself at the time and despite being a doctor I ought to carry meds) Very informative and being a local lad he had a wealth of information to share that wasn't vocalised parrot fashion. Bal and myself went away "nourished in local history". Despite there only being 4 people in total on our punt today our your guide really tried to engage us and we went away enriched. Thank you once again. Please pass on our regards to him. Amrit and Balpreet.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had such a great time on the boat. We had Olly as our 'captain' and he had such good banter! My 4 friends and I took a picnic and some prosecco- of course!! Was such a fun trip down the River Cam. We met a lovely guy called Lotan (sorry for incorrect spelling) who really helped us out too. Highly recommend this company. A little off the beaten track but there is a pub next door if you have to wait or fancy a drink after!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked a punt from the Granta and had a sumptuous and romantic punt picnic on the Cambridge Backs followed by joining the crowd on the water to view the St John College fireworks with a bottle of Champagne. Don't forget to dress up - its part of the occasion for you and everyone else, but I does get cool in the evening and so some warm cozy throws to snuggle under will be very useful. We didn't need a Chauffeur but if you can't punt then by all means get one.