University Arms Cambridge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cambridge
See available hotels
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
  • Room Service
Fenners Hotel(Cambridge)
Centennial Hotel(Cambridge)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Very disappointed. Do not believe the photos on there website as is not anything like what is here. I really do not know where to start to try and explain our stay. The rooms are shabby and in much need of updating!! 3 room moves before we were given a room without as many faults as the previous two, we then decided to cut our losses! Breakfast service is manic and not well organised. Although when u actually get it, it is not too bad! That is if they get the order right in the first place! Lacking direction and someone to take charge. The bed was comfortable and that was more down to having 2 mattresses Rather than anything else. The bar area is very cold and not welcoming, a small glass of Pinot Grigio was £6.50!!! A huge markup that is NOT necessary! Overall a very tired and neglected hotel! Would take a lot to get this back to any kind of standard worthy of the prices being charged! Would NOT come back and would NOT recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Kimoart
Matthew M, Manager at University Arms Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear Kimoart
Very Disappointed that any guest who chose to stay with us would feel the need to write what can be interpreted as spiteful, untrue and childlike.

Allow me to clarify.

Imagines of the University Arms are most certainly a true and accurate account of our facilities. Both of public areas and varying bedroom types, if you believe this not to be the case then please point them out to me.

Regarding your comments inferring our beds have two mattresses. I'm afraid to point out again but this inference is simply untrue, have you considered mattress toppers?
You claim that £6.50 for a small glass of Pinot Grigio is not necessary. I'm grateful for this opportunity to point out the small glasses are served as 175ml. This would equate to just over 4 glasses to a bottle, therefore the bottle selling price would be approximately £23.00 more than reasonable in my humble opinion.

May I suggest that you feel our drinks tariff should reflect those of a public house? Well I hasten to add that Parkers Bar is not a pub but a resident's bar.

In closing, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you the very best of luck with your reviews in the future. It is my sincerest wish you become more practiced, offering a more balanced and helpful critique for your fellow travellers in keeping of the spirit of Tripadvisor.

Regards

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We booked last minute and was delighted to find such a fabulous deal. On arrival at the hotel the receptionist Mavia was very welcoming and immediately made us feel at ease. On making our booking for a two day break I was unable to book a twin room, within minutes the room we booked was converted from a king size to a twin. The breakfast was really good with plenty of choices and to make it even better we where given a window table with a perfect view of the large green adjacent to the hotel. The hotel is very central and easy to access all the places of interest, restaurants, and entertainment. I would defiantly use the hotel again and recommend to my friends it's traditional style was very pleasing to the eye.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juney-Raymondo

Dear Juney-Raymondo,
Thank you very much for taking the time post your recent review on Tripadvisor following your brief stay with us here at The University Arms. I'm delighted that you where able to secure one of our Promotional offers, please keep a look out for more to follow.

I'm so very pleased that my teams were able to look after you so well, nothing gives me a greater sense of pride. I will be sure to pass your kind sentiments onto all concerned. Maria, of course I will thank personally.

Thank you once again Juney-Raymondo for your kind review. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed at University Arms Cambridge for 3 nights on 19-23 March 2013 and found it very good. The staff was very helpful, hotel location was very good right in the center of Cambridge. The breakfast was not that much variety but it was sufficient. For business travelers there was some problem with Wi Fi as whenever I tried to connect it divert to main page. Hotel provided with LAN Cable to connect my laptop but it was so short that i have to put my laptop near the Cable socket. Room was spacious but not that large.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Omajeed
Thank you for your recent post on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your kind sentiments concerning our teams and your enjoyed our central location.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the length of you network cable, however I'm pleased to report this has now been addressed.

Thank you again Omajeed, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the university Arms very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 March 2013

The University Arms Hotel in Cambridge is conveniently situated in the city centre, offering very comfortable rooms in a traditional setting. The staff were helpful, friendly and courteous - especially front of house and in Parker's Bar - providing a very high level of service. We would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for good value, convenience of location and service!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Matthew M, Manager at University Arms Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear KevinT
I really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your recent review.
I am delighted that you would choose to recommend are hotel for anyone looking for good value, a convenient location and excellent service. KevinT I must confess that your review as if written by a seasoned reviewer.

Thank you again I would relish the opportunity to welcome you back to the University Arms in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

I experienced the University Arms for two weeks, and it's location is perfect if you want to experience Cambridge.
It's got good decor, good enough facilities for a City Centre hotel, and is just out of the core of the City so it's quiet enough.
You're not lacking in places to eat nearby, and the staff are friendly enough.
It's a great City Centre hotel for a family, or slightly more affluent couple.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Scott G
Thank you for posting your recent Tripadvisor review, I appreciate your comments regarding our decor, facilities and central location.

Thank you for your kind recommendation I look forward to the opportunity of being able to welcoming you back to the University Arms in the not to distant future.

Warm Regards