“Great B&B, Great location”

Carolina Guest House
Ranked #29 of 122 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Italy
“Great B&B, Great location”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is a beautiful place and the hospitality is extraordinary.
It is in a friendly atmosphere that feels like home.
It is within walking distance of city center.
Some rooms have windows that overlook the garden, others on the road, but they are quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We found this wonderful B7B in Cambridge. It has an excellent staff, large spacious rooms only a quick bus ride from downtown Cambridge. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and heartily recommend the Inn to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cummins, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was our 2nd stay as we made our way around the UK booking from TripAdvisor ratings!! This was a great place to stay for short periods! Free wifi was excellent especially when travelling around a different country! The breakfast was delicious and cooked to how we like it! The room and en suite were very modern and tidy! No traffic noise and no keys just codes to enter which is useful if you want to come and go at any time! Owner very friendly and hospitable! Would definitely stay here if back in the area!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I recently stayed here and had a great experience. The rooms were waiting for us as advertised. The owner wasn't in but due to all the locks being codes instead of keys he was able to give all the information over the phone.

Our two rooms both had very clean ensuites. The beds were comfy, and the breakfast was great. This was not a B&B run by a millitant owner prescribing when to have breakfast and what time to be home by. It was very relaxed and more like a small hotel in many respects.

The location isn't bad. We walked into Cambridge which wasn't insignificant at about 40 minutes but taxis aren't expensive and this shouldn't put you off.

• Stayed May 2013
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Carolina B&B on 22nd and 23rd March, 2013. Room was lovely and clean, breakfast freshly cooked and hot, and we had the largest and most comfortable bed we have ever used. We were at the back of the house. There was no traffic noise and we had undisturbed nights. In addition the tv, the wi-fi etc all worked! Friendly welcome. We would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynn o
Kent
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I travel around the country a lot with my business and would never normally choose a b&b...but after my visit here, I think I need to rethink my strategy! This super find is well and tastefully decorated, with a lovely bathroom and wonderfully smelling linen. The owner was welcoming, chatty and warm without being obtrusive, with travel advice and keen to ensure I got breakfast exactly as I liked it (even offering to re-do my egg if it was not quite right!) The breakfast choice was vast and with my stay at half the price of a hotel, where you noramlly have to pay a hefty supplement for a breakfast coooked sometime before and left under heat lights to dry out (and it's ceral and toast as the only alternative) this is a super value b&b. The train station was just 15 minutes walk away and the city a little longer. Despite being on a busy road and my room being right at the front, I had a great nights sleep and was undisturbed (and I live in the middle of nowhere so normally find anywhere else a bit noisy) Next time I am in Cambridge, this will be my first port of call!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mandycp
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2013

What a FANTASTIC stay at Carolina!!! I went to Cambridge merely für an examination. I have really got a warm welcome from my landlord and have made myself at home as well. The Wi-Fi connection was absolutely fluent & rapid. And moreover, the environment around there was so silent that I could calm myself down and then concentrated on my revisions. Prost{cheers}.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business