We stayed here for a 3 night break at the end of July/beginning of August. We had a 3rd floor river view room with a king size bed and a nice balcony with 2 comfortable wooden chairs and a coffee table. The room was not very big, but comfortable and clean and had a brilliant view of the river near the boat landings, so we had a fun time watching people learning to punt. The fridge and AC were both quiet. I agree with other reviews that the water pressure in the shower on the 3rd floor wasn't great, but Cambridge is in the fens and it wasn't terrible either- if you do need a higher pressure shower then the ones in the pool changing rooms on the ground floor were fine.
There were 2 small bottles of water and a chocolate bar provided each day in the room.
There were weddings on all 3 days/nights that we were there and we did not find that there was any noise from the weddings in the room, or that we were in any way inconvenienced by the weddings. There is a separate riverside area that the wedding parties use, so there is no interruption in access to the very pleasant riverside terrace and seating area when there is a wedding on.
The pool was an OK size for a hotel pool, and positioned so that you could see people punting past the window at eye level while you swim. There is also a hot-tub and steam room.
The car parking was £17.50 per night, which seems a bit steep to me as we were staying in the hotel.
It is also worth mentioning that my satnav tried to take me along a no through road to get to the hotel, so I would suggest not being as silly as me and actually looking at a map of Cambridge before you go there.
We would certainly go there again, but perhaps would find out about the nearest public car park before we got there, or use the park and ride. The hotel is convenient for the sights of Cambridge and is about 10 minutes walk from the bus station , so we didn't actually use the car at all once we got there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge is a four star hotel surrounded by the River Cam, minutes from the city centre. The 122 refurbished en-suite bedrooms feature a plasma flat screen television, air-conditioning, mini fridge, iron & ironing board and laptop safe. Upgraded executive bedrooms and suites, including the Penthouse Suite are also available. Four air conditioned function rooms are ideal for large or small events and the refurbished Riverside Brasserie is perfect for fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Hilton International Cambridge
- Cambridge Hilton International
- Doubletree Cambridge
- Hilton Cambridge