Beautiful hotel. The staff were very welcoming & I would like to give a special mention to the maids who work so hard cleaning the rooms. It is a lovely location by the river & it is only a short walk into town. We had a standard room which was fine but try & get an upgrade if you can. The breakfast catered for all nationalities, and was great. The food in the restaurant was fine but the wine was expensive. It averaged £27 a bottle . Look out for wine of the week which cost £18.95.
Only one niggle . When my husband went to order a drink at the bar he had to wait over 5 minutes to be served whilst the staff finished their conversation & then it took an age for the drinks to arrive. It was not busy at the time. However I do recommend this hotel & we would certainly visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge is a four star hotel surrounded by the River Cam, minutes from the city centre. The 122 refurbished en-suite bedrooms feature a plasma flat screen television, air-conditioning, mini fridge, iron & ironing board and laptop safe. Upgraded executive bedrooms and suites, including the Penthouse Suite are also available. Four air conditioned function rooms are ideal for large or small events and the refurbished Riverside Brasserie is perfect for fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Hilton International Cambridge
- Cambridge Hilton International
- Doubletree Cambridge
- Hilton Cambridge