The location of this hotel is fantastic -- steps from Cambridge Center and right on the banks of the river. But it is tucked away so that it is quite quiet. In gorgeous weather (such as we had) it was delightful to be outside on the terrace. The ready access to walking trails and paths was also a treat.
Rooms are ho hum. Narrow and small (at least mine was). Entire hotel needs some freshening up - the dark maroon décor is depressing.
In some ways the warm, sunny weather did draw attention to a serious flaw -- there is no cooling. my window opened a bit - but the room was stuffy and hot. Breakfast buffet very good. We were part of a group -- evening banquet food below par even for hotel food. If not for the location I would downgrade my rating -- but the location is a HUGE plus. Can not say much about staff - they seemed cheerful and generally helpful but I had limited interactions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge is a four star hotel surrounded by the River Cam, minutes from the city centre. The 122 refurbished en-suite bedrooms feature a plasma flat screen television, air-conditioning, mini fridge, iron & ironing board and laptop safe. Upgraded executive bedrooms and suites, including the Penthouse Suite are also available. Four air conditioned function rooms are ideal for large or small events and the refurbished Riverside Brasserie is perfect for fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Hilton International Cambridge
- Cambridge Hilton International
- Doubletree Cambridge
- Hilton Cambridge