“Okay, but not value for money”

Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The room was spacious and the hotel in a decent location. The hotel was overpriced, and clearly taking advantage of the graduation weekend rush however, with dated furnishing and unimpressive restaurant for such a world-renowned brandname. Overall, it is a safe stay but ultimately unimpressive and sure to be somewhat disappointing.

Room Tip: Try to overlook the River Cam.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tandant
AitziberH, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear tandan22
Thank you for your review. I was very sorry to know that despite enjoying your stay at the DoubleTree Cambridge this was however not a memorable one. All of our bedrooms have recently being redecorated, I am sorry if this was not to your liking. I can only hope you will not be deterred from returning to the hotel as we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,165)

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had a fantastic stay at the Double tree in Cambridge with friends.We loved a room and the service
was brilliant. Especially enjoyed the time in the evenings at the bar enjoying the vast cocktail list.
Tom the barman was as especially helpful. He really knows his stuff. Thanks Tom for making it a great evening.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear olive G
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay with us and see that our barman Tom with his friendly and caring attitude and vast knowledge of superb cocktails once again made somebody’s stay a fantastic one. I will certainly make sure to pass on your most kind comments to Tom and all of the other team members, I know they will be pleased to know that their hard work does not go unnoticed. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Firstly the location of this hotel is stunning. We were very lucky with the weather with beautiful warm sunny days. Punting boats up and down the river. The staff were amazing, especially the bar staff Kieran and Haybie. Made me and my partner feel very welcome. Highly reccomend this hotel for its location and excellance. Couldn't find a fault at all.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Katie M
Thank you very much for your review. I was delighted to read that with the help of our stunning location, beautiful weather and most importantly our team members, you had such an excellent stay at the DoubleTree Cambridge. I cannot emphasize enough how happy makes us to know that our guests had such a wonderful service from our team members. We are in the business of making unforgettable memories and it makes us proud to know that the hard work of our staff helps create those such lovely memories. Looking forward to do it all over again!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel is in a lovely area. Booked the hotel as a birthday treat. Prior to booking we had requested a refrigerator in room. Upon checking in there was a mini bar but no fridge. Asked twice and on 3rd time it was there but not plugged in or cold. temperature in room was warm despite the air conditioning in room. the water in room was scalding hot, no cold water. Apparently other rooms had the opposite. reception did compensate us with free parking which was appreciated but the visit was still spoiled.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank John L
AitziberH, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I was very sad to read that due to some error and unforeseeable problems your birthday treat was not as successful as anticipated for which I offer my most sincere apologies. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the mini bar issue as I don’t have enough information, however I can confirm that the problem with the hot/cold water was a one off problem we experienced that weekend due to an error from an outside contractor that left us without hot water until the problem was spotted and resolved. I can only hope that you will appreciate this was out of our control and give us a second chance in returning to the hotel when I am sure you will enjoy your stay very much.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My review is about a Wonderful Day we had at a Wedding Reception at this Hotel. The Cermony/Service took place on the Lawn outside The Hotel right by The River Cam . The Location was great and the weather completed a wonderful occassion. The whole area was bustling with people milling around and the atmosphere inside and out was lovely. The Wedding meal & service was excellent. The staff were very polite, friendly and very effiecient at their work. The Dining area also had a lovely view onto the lawns and the river outside. All in all a most enjoyable occassion. We did not stay as we live local but maybe one day/evening for a special occassion we may have an overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge in April 2013 for a work meeting. Accommodations were decent and service was friendly. My room was sufficiently comfortable.
The fitness center semi-attached the hotel was just ok but very convenient.

The two low points of the hotel for me were the low quality of the breakfast buffet (included in price) and no onsite spa services.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank concetta2

Thank you for your review about your stay in April. I was pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay. I have duly noted your comment about the breakfast buffet and I will pass this onto the Head Chef for his knowledge. With regards to your comment about the spa, we do have a fully equipped fitness centre, swimming pool with a small decking area, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, I am sorry if these spa facilities were not enough for you.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

As a Hilton hotel, this one looks quite unusual (which is actually a good thing). It lies right next to the river and have a fantastic out-door serving.
The rooms are quite ok in size with good amenities, minibar and coffee making facilities. We had a room with a balcony and that is something I can recommend when the weather is good.
One thing was that the internet was unstable (we got it for free but normally you pay for it), and so was the TV, as the sound vanished with no reason and then you had to turn it off and then on.
The breakfast was ok - nothing unusual and that is a pitty and also they should in the summer give people the opportunity to eat the breakfast outside.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I was glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel, especially the outdoor service. However, please accept our apologies for the inconsistent internet signal, I will make sure our internet provided is informed of this issue right away and taken action asap. With regards to the TV sound, we will address this immediately as well. I thank you once again for your constructive comments and assure you we take these very seriously and further actions and brainstorming will take place in the very near future.