We booked a 3 night package (including dinner on 2 nights) tthrough the hotel's centralised telephone booking system, after the price calculated by their website was incorrect.
Check-in was fine, but I wasn't convinced the special package offer had been logged correctly; concierge very good.
Room 141 was fine - not big, but a decent bathroom and a nice balcony. Despite advanced request, a cot had not been provided. To the hotel's credit, this was remedied very quickly, as were a couple of other requests.
We came across many INSECTS inside the room and restaurant during our stay. Mosquitoes, spiders, fruit flies - it didn't inspire confidence in the hotel's cleanliness, especially given the volume of spider's webs we encountered.
The main restaurant was being refurbished during our stay, but we were able to take breakfast and dinner in the adjacent brasserie area. Dinner on the first night was excellent and the service was good. The starters were ENORMOUS and the quality of each course was very good.
Buffet breakfast was good each day - plenty of choice and decent quality. High chairs were poor, though - some broken, some dirty.
Dinner on the 3rd night (a Sunday) was a very disappointing experience. The service was very slow and impersonal. Also, the hotel's wine list was very limited, but we were refused permission to bring our own bottle in.
The leisure club is good, although the pool is a little small.
Check out was poor. Despite TWICE talking to the reception staff to double check that our special package offer had been logged correctly, we were presented with an incorrect bill. This was eventually remedied, but there was no apology and this is not the kind of service one would expect from a 4-star hotel that is part of an established international chain.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but the experience was tainted by a lack of attention to detail. The staff could make this a first class establishment, but on this evidence, they need to care more and avoid the niggly problems that we experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge is a four star hotel surrounded by the River Cam, minutes from the city centre. The 122 refurbished en-suite bedrooms feature a plasma flat screen television, air-conditioning, mini fridge, iron & ironing board and laptop safe. Upgraded executive bedrooms and suites, including the Penthouse Suite are also available. Four air conditioned function rooms are ideal for large or small events and the refurbished Riverside Brasserie is perfect for fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Hilton International Cambridge
- Cambridge Hilton International
- Doubletree Cambridge
- Hilton Cambridge