Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre
US$169
US$207
US$202
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$279
US$272
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
US$201
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
  • Pool
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
US$144
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
2,353 results
All reviewsthe riverwarm cookiesa river view roomdouble treegarden housecar parksmall balconyper dayafternoon teaexcellent locationmini barlovely hotelroom ratecity centrelovely roombreakfast was excellentcam
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the very first time that I have written a review of a hotel which I have not yet stayed at. I booked a room for a Friday night at a cost of £378. The only rooms available on their website required a 100% deposit up-front, which I willingly paid. Unfortunately I had booked for the wrong night, so I contacted the hotel to ask to move the booking to the following night. They had rooms readily available, but required me to pay another £378. It is difficult to believe that a room at the Doubletree is really worth £378. It is definitely not worth twice that amount. What a bad way to treat guests who are paying a great deal of money to stay in their hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Charlie1001
AitziberH, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Charlie 1001
I was very sorry to read that due to a booking error you will not able to come to the hotel. June being the busiest month for us we have strict terms & conditions, and as you rightly mentioned you were aware of our non-refundable clause and therefore we could not cancel your booking. However, we understand that anyone can make a mistake and therefore please contact me directly on 01223 259981 and I will try my best to be of help.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Lovely and modern hotel in the very centre of Cambridge. Beautiful views from the room to the river of Cam.
Parking is a little bit on pricey side, however taking into the account location – it is acceptable. Stayed for one night in deluxe room – lovely and clean room, very comfortable bed, good sound proofing (there was a wedding party outside, but we did not hear anything and I am a very light sleeper). As usual with all Hilton hotels – breakfast was top notch! Excellent, courteous and personalised service – small things such as personalised welcome message on the telly and reception lady learned our names up until check out (even though we stayed just for one night).
Restaurant menu was impressive enough – zebra, lobster and everything very delicious. Overall would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant.

*Stayed in April 2012

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrainAndAnastasia

Dear BrainAndAnastasia
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us including your great experience at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Thank you for your honest recommendation, we certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed three nights at the Doubletree in June 2014. We booked a family room with a queen bed and a single. Room was air-conditioned, which was nice in June! Hotel is on the pricey side, but this is the best hotel that we've stayed at in Cambridge.

Hotel is located in a beautiful part of town, right near the area where you can go punting. It's in a very quiet area. Check-in was fast and the staff were friendly.

Internet is not free, but the exercise area/pool is beautiful and we used it every evening.
Breakfast is great, and in the evening, the lounge is great. Great food and great place for drinks.

We will stay here again when visiting family in Cambridge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank megsidey

Dear megsidey
Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made the most of our central location, albeit still in a beautiful and quiet area by the river and punting facilities. We were also pleased to know that the spa/leisure facilities as well as the lobby and restaurant were a key factor in your enjoyment of your stay with us. We truly look forward to welcoming you back when you next come to Cambridge to visit family.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Lovely location in the centre, on the river, right next to a punt station, which is reflected in the high price. Bedrooms very clean. Beware the mini bar, the minute you lift an item off the shelf, you will be charged for it. That being said, we had a great evening & enjoyed a drink in the garden watching the punts go by.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JHilt0n

Dear JHilton
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and a drink at the bar watching the punts go by, it is a truly amazing yet relaxing experience to sit at the terrace bar to watch the world go by, one that we strongly recommend.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

There's a lot to like about this hotel. The location is great. Right on the river with superb views, with punting and countryside walks on your doorstep, yet still close to the centre. Breakfast was very good, as was the general service in the hotel. Nice pool and a large room with a balcony.

Unfortunately it's very expensive, to the point that although I feel the hotel is nice, it's not really worth the money - I appreciate that Cambridge suffers from a lack of hotels and that market forces mean everyone charges through the nose.

When you spend this much money - and to put it into perspective I could have stayed at the Savoy for not much more - you expect everything to be right. Unfortunately the wi-fi in our room didn't work and even if it had, I would have had to pay extra for it.

I hate having to pay extra for internet access in this day and age, but it's especially galling when the room is so expensive. Fortunately/annoyingly I was spared the expense by it not actually working.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but only just.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheGreatBandini

Dear TheGreatBandini
Thank you for your review. Despite being very pleased to read your positive comments and knowing that overall you enjoyed your stay with us very much. I was very sorry to read that this was marred by the hotel prices and internet charges. We do offer complimentary use of our Business centre on the ground floor, with free use of our computers, printing and WiFi access. My apologies if this was not explained to you on check in. However, with regards your comment about the quality of the connection, I am very sorry for this problem, I will make sure that our Internet provider is aware of your comment and this is rectified immediately. I really hope that you will decide to return to the hotel as we look forward to welcoming you back.