Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge City Centre
US$245
US$237
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Breakfast included
US$210
US$176
Agoda.com
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$211
US$168
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Cambridge City East Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$123
PremierInn.com
2,343 results
All reviewsthe riverwarm cookiesa river view roomdouble treegarden housecar parksmall balconyper dayafternoon teaexcellent locationmini barlovely hotelroom ratecity centrelovely roombreakfast was excellentcam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2008

my daughter booked this for my boyfriend and I. The sole purpose of our visit was to 'chill out' before embarking on our trip to Scotland on the Orient Express the following day. The welcome was very warming and genuine, as was our room.
'fantastic' is the only word I can use to describe our experience here. We ordered room service later in the evening, and again wasn't disappointed! The food was absolutely superb (along with the service). Even in the morning (04.45 I hasten to add), I realised I hadn't packed my boyfriends razor (oops!), but just a quick call to the concierge and a razor was there in moments!
Well done the Doubletree!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank baby2512
Reviewed 29 November 2008

This hotel has been smartened up a bit since I was a student in Cambridge. Rooms are now quite smart, though I noticed they weren't properly sound proof - I could hear conversations from other rooms.

We paid extra for a river view, which is worth it. We booked an advance deal on their site, and it was £119 - but no breakfast with that.

Beware - parking is extra - it was £15 for one day. I couldn't see any mention of this when I booked, despite looking to see whether it was included.

Staff were fairly helpful, but not really friendly. Also, the cleaning staff in the morning made a lot of noise. Kept banging the adjacent doors - it was bad enough that I called down to reception to ask them to keep the noise down.

The position here is great, especially if you get a river view, and the rooms are comfortable. Beyond that, there isn't much to recommend the hotel. Cambridge is expensive for what you get, so there isn't a great choice here overall.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Enfant_teribl
Reviewed 17 November 2008

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment. It has a good central location but the rooms are nothing special. Our room, though modern, was quite small and pokey with a tiny window overlooking the carpark. We paid £165 for a "king" room and it was extremely overpriced.

I’d recommend the location but keep your expectations low for the room!

1  Thank Octopuseclipse
Reviewed 28 October 2008

This hotel is perfectly located for a visit to Cambridge. Close to shops, restaurants and colleges, all within walking distance. It is situated in a quiet street alongside the river. Our room was on the third floor overlooking the river and it was very peaceful and pretty.

Smartly decorated room, huge comfy bed and smart functional bathroom with good quality products. The only thing missing were bathrobes.

1  Thank Callycam
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in October. We booked the "Sweet Romance Getaway Package". Let me describe this package to you and what we actually received:

1. A bottle of sparkling wine in your room on arrival - no, had to go down to reception and ask for this.

2. Full breakfast, served in your room (where applicable) or in hotel restaurant - got this one day after filling in the order ticket and hanging it on the door handle - arrived twenty minutes late. No ticket left by housekeeping for next day so no breakfast. On check-out found that we had been charged for this.

3. On additional nights buy a lunch/dinner entrée, get a second free (terms apply) - The food is so bad you wouldn't want one.

4. Copy of Sweet Romance Selections – our customised local guide - never saw this.

So we did not receive the advertised package. We did get dinner and wine on the house after complaining but this still didn't seem sufficient. Hilton charge an extra £60 per night for this so it is really not worth it at all.

To expand on the food comment above - it is really bad and they charge a fortune for it. It honestly appears to have come fresh out of the microwave

The room we were given must have been the worst in the hotel. We had a view of the roof and we were woken at 6am both mornings by the air con starting up in the fitness room next door. Pray you don't get room 321. Also had a fridge with nothing in it except two bottles of water, only one of which was replaced the next day - what is the point? Is it supposed to be a mini-bar?

The staff at reception were OK.

Any good points? Well, the interior of the hotel is very nice and the location is perfect. That's it. All in all a pretty bad experience and will definitely never return.

3  Thank Michael L