The Gonville Hotel
US$181
US$175
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$200
Hotel Felix(Cambridge)
US$160
US$150
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
  • Pool
US$280
US$243
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
US$145
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
2,037 results
All reviewsfree parkingparker's piecewet roomcity centrelovely hotelcar parkwalk in showeron site parkingsuperior roomexcellent locationwithin easy walking distancethe air conditioningroom was largefew minutes walkvery pleasant stayvisit cambridgecooked breakfast
Reviewed 6 December 2010

We had an enjoyable stay at The Gonville in one of the refurbished rooms. A spacious room refurbished to a high standard with contemporary décor and an extremely comfortable bed. Having taken the opportunity to leave the car and visit the shops on Saturday it makes you realise what a great position the hotel occupies. I am sure that once the refurbishments are completed the hotel will rival any other available in the City. We would certainly have no hesitation to stay at The Gonville again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
RwRoddie, General Manager at The Gonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2010

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our efforts are making an Impact .
For when you stay again why not call us direct on 01223 221111 and ask for one of our refurbished rooms. Not only will we try to reserve one for you but we will offer the Best price available.
Regards
Roderick Watson

Reviewed 1 December 2010

The room was extremely cold although the thermostat was set at 30. The breakfast staff were rude and unhelpful the breakfast was average.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
RwRoddie, General Manager at The Gonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Hi there
I have been beavering away to sort out the problems you encountered and I am sure that I have been able to reslove ALL the problems. So thank you for your comments they were really useful. I am only sorry that you did not fell able to contact me personally.
Kind regards
Roderick Watson - Geberal manager

Reviewed 29 November 2010

We had our wedding here in November and the whole organisation of the day could not have been better. The hotel staff could not do enough and the day ran without a hitch.
All the guests were happy with the hotel and many guests stayed and were happy with the rooms and service. There was enough parking for all our guests which is a worry when getting married in cambridge.
We wouldn't have changed a thing about the day and would recommend this hotel for a wedding or equally for a lovely weekend stay as it is only a short walk into the city centre.

• Stayed: November 2010
Christopher O, General Manager at The Gonville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to tell you that all the hotel has now been refurbished and is totally different now from when you last stayed.

Reviewed 19 November 2010

We held a wedding reception for over 100 guests with an afternoon 'breakfast' and a disco and buffet in the evening. We also held a meal for 20 the night before and many guests stayed at the Gonville for 2 nights.
The staff, including senior managers, were very helpful and friendly and remained calm even through the emotional fever experienced by parents of the principal players.
The rooms were good and those recently refurbished were excellent. For the pre-wedding meal we were given a room of our own and a very good limited choice menu as an extremely good value package.
Breakfast was excellent and very varied. At all times consideration was given to vegetarians and special dietry requirements.
We intend going for a return visit early in the New Year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 October 2010

im not sure that i would stay here again.

half the hotel appears to be newly modernized & renovated. half is not. i was in the not-renovated part. which wasnt terrible, but...strange.

old fashioned decor. room was enormous by european standards. i'm not sure why they would bother putting only a single-sized bed in it. there was a huge portion of room just left empty with no furnishings or use of the space at all. for a small bed, it was very comfortable. though i wish there were power outlets nearer the bed for computer and phone use.

free wifi worked great (which is important to me)

severely overpriced. im afraid to think what the modernized rooms cost, or what they will cost if and when the whole hotel is finished.

the staff is what i'm torn about. i arrived exhausted, checked in with a not-very-friendly receptionist. first thing after arriving to my room, housekeeping knocks. why would housekeeping be coming to a room that was already prepared and permitted a guest to check in? i told them i just checked in, and they left.

i was exhausted so i fell asleep. again the staff is knocking at my door to wake me up. i tell them i dont need anything and they refuse to leave insisting they must "check the room". i try to tell the woman i am "naked and asleep" and she thinks this is hilarious. they force me to let them in, and then this woman goes around my room straightening the brochures on the desk, the spoons on the tea/coffee tray. pretending to polish the mirror with her kleenex....

she says inspections are in the morning and i guess is asking me not to....use the room??? so that everything is in order for the inspector? im wondering why in the world she would start straightening things in a room a guest is staying in. and she tells me the inspector is coming at 9am. would a hotel inspector really be inspecting rooms at 9am while occupied by a guest?

im so confused. and the whole time the woman is hooping and hollering about how funny it was that i told her i was "undressed and asleep" and to please not disturb me.

one of the weirdest things i have ever experienced at a hotel.

finally the woman leaves and i go back to sleep......only to have the phone ring because the crazy woman left her key in my bathroom.

the next morning i was a few minutes after 11am for check out. about to walk out the door (literally less than 10 minutes after 11am)...and the phone is ringing to ask why i havent left yet.

the receptionist was very kind upon check out, and very nice about letting me leave my luggage to run errands before my train....

but just such a weird experience in all and left me thinking this hotel is not concerned at all about their guests having a comfortable and undisturbed stay.

NOT worth the exorbitant price unless you just have no other option.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business