“The weidest breakfast I have ever seen....”
Review of The Lensfield

The Lensfield
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This was one of the strangest hotels I have ever stayed in.... it was like a maze, room was clean and tidy but looked a bit like a scene from moulin rouge and the ensuite bathroom was slightly smaller than the wardrobe!!! The strangest breakfast I have ever seen... Spring rolls/ Sausage rolls/ Gateaux and various non-breakfast items. There were some breakfast items at the buffet but these were all very disappointing, cheap sausages/bacon and when I enquired if there were any more hash browns the response was "there are spring rolls there"... why would I want a spring rolls with an english breakfast?! I would not stay here again, not the worst expirence- but one I would give a miss in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kingman19

Reviewed 8 October 2010

The hotel is located about 5-10min walking time out of city center. The rooms are small but charming. Breakfast is great!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toblacks
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I would like to write this review, while i am still in the hotel. I chose this hotel based on the reviews i read in trip Advisor.
The Hotel is situated in a very central place in Cambridge. Slightly away from the tourist traps near Kings or Trinity colleges, yet close to walk everywhere. I chose the single room with the bathroom and toilet in the hallway. Breakfast is FULL British breakfast and more. the owners are right on the premises.
I have a comment to anyone who will complain about this hotel - as the british say Rubbish...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank NISIN K
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Very close walk to town. Parking a bit of a problem but free from 5pm Saturday until Monday morning. Room was small but had everything you could need. Very good strong shower. Room was very clean, and bed was comfortable. Only stayed for one night but would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Amh797
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Stayed overnight on way to Stansted - we had planned to get here early and enjoy Cambridge but best laid plans! Arrived after 6 so no parking left at the front but we parked just round the corner in a side road for free and then paid next mornng for a hour until we checked in. Room was very boudoir - corner bath was nice but shower very low. Breakfast was ok - poached eggs on toast ordered. Easy walking into Cambridge

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Stayed here in July 2010 on a Saturday night. For me, if you're looking for a place just to sleep, and enjoy Cambridge then this hotel is ideal, but if you're looking for a romantinc night away in a decent hotel, I recommend you look elsewhere.

The hotel has very limited parking, and thus if you're going by car please be aware of this. Parking around about is expensive on the roads, though free on a Sunday. This was a major downfall, as when I had spoken to the hotel I had been assured I would be able to park. I ended up asking a traffic warden where the best place to park was, as the hotel seemd rather unhelpful in getting me parked.

My room was not en-suite which I didn't realise, and so I had a bit of a walk going for a wash/toilet especially as I wasn't informed where the bathroom was. For the price I paid, I would have expected an en-suite room.

Despite this though the room was alright. The bed was comfortable, and if I had to re-use this hotel then I wouldn be assured i'd get a decent nights sleep.

The breakfast though left a lot to be desired. The quality of breakfast was, in my opinion, poor. This was disappointing as I was rather hungry. I'd rather wait for hot toast, then be immeadiately served with cold, slightly undercooked toast. The standard of meat was also poor for the breakfast, a bit like what you get at a Little Chef or a mortorway service station.

Thus - all in all a disappointing stay - but ig you're wanting a decent nights sleep, and not fussed where you are then it's recommended, anything else i'd recommend you look elsewhere.

The staff were polite though, and the location was ideal for a quick walk into the centre of Cambridge, however i'm sure there are better quality places for your money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Jimmyfantastic
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We were here for a couple of days in June (booked by travel agent)

Our accommodation was in a musty basement room with a tiny bathroom. Breakfast was very ordinary. Basic staff communication.

Completely overpriced - parking was not available (they only have a few spaces which seemed ot be occupied by the same people constantly) Parking fees are by meter nearby.

Very poor!