“Just what we wanted”

Ranked #347 of 691 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the ever busy Grafton Shopping Centre in the centre of Cambridge, Bella Italia is the perfect restaurant to break a well earned shopping break in. Decked out in typical Italian rustic style with a terracotta colour scheme and bistro-style seating, Bella Italia offers a great menu with choices for all tastes. The restaurant offers an abundance of pizza and pasta dishes such as the Penne Zafferano (smoked salmon, prawns, tomatoes, spinach and a saffron and cream sauce). Other main courses include the delicious grilled chicken breast served with roasted new potatoes and roasted vegetables. Finish off with delectable sticky chocolate fudge with praline pieces covered in chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream.
“Just what we wanted”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We needed to sit and wait for over an hour for our guest to join us, but were made very welcome, served with appetisers and drinks. Once our party was complete we ordered, and the food cane quickly and was well prepared and good value.
Service was uniformly charming, appropriately attentive and efficient.
One slight mistake on the bill was quickly rectified with profuse apologies. They even plugged my mobile phone in to recharge.
Only downside is the automatic 12.5% service charge added to the bill - I would have left a tip that size anyway, but I don't enjoy being nudged like that.

• Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“They need to drop the12.5% service charge”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Let me start by saying you had the option to take this charge off your bill. But the point is they shouldn't put it on there in the first place, they should leave it up to the diners' discretion and not put them in the awkward position of having to renegotiate or decline the tip.This is a chain restaurant which does not warrant this sort of up front charging, and 12.5% is quite a high percentage. Having said all that the pizzas we had were really nice, and the atmosphere in there is lovely, hence the 4 stars. But if I went again I would ask up front that they do not add the 12.5% service charge and leave it to me what I tip.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank veebee54
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Horrific”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's been a while from the last time I had a meal in there. I know it's a chain restaurant, but how they manage to go so wrong?
Service took ages, the food, after a good half-hour was stone cold. Microwave? Them the server disappeared again. Very disappointed as it was a fun place in my last visit.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brian M
Ely
“Nice food some aspects need addressing”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I was out for a meal with friends the first thing that I did not like was that there was odd cutlery on the table that we were sitting. Behind us they had Christmas menus which were I looked at and they had advertised it well. I have been to this restaurant before and love the original design of it. I found some things on the menu quite pricy. The thing that annoyed me was that we had to wait about 15 minutes for our food and that is not good enough. I had the calzone with green chillies the only problem was the side salad was wilted. Two of my friends had veggie pasta one of them had what looked like a litre of oil the other did not have a litre of oil. My other friends had burger. And all the mains were fine. For desert we shared a chocolate brownie in fudge sauce and a cookie dough with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, the cookie dough was a little tough whilst the other dessert was quite rich. Very nice and very welcoming staff.

Visited October 2013
Maldon
“good value”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Came here for lunch while shopping. We were quickly seated and given menus, our waitress Filo was excellent. Food was good value for an establishment like this. Would recommend and go back in similar circumstances.

• Visited September 2013