“Super friendly....just what pubs should be”
Review of The George Inn

The George Inn
Ranked #215 of 706 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The George is an 18th century coaching inn at the heart of Babraham, Cambridge.Packed with period features, the George inn has a wide range of ales,spirits and fine wines. Our chefs create freshly prepared meals to be enjoyed in our bar or restaurant areas. To the rear of the pub is a patio area,grass area and a large off street carpark. Lunchtime service Mon-Fri 12pm till 2pm Evening service Mon-Fri 6pm till 9pm Lunchtime service Saturday 12pm till 3pm Evening service Saturday 6pm till 9pm Lunchtime service Sunday 12pm till 4pm Evening drinks only
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

I have just got back from my evening meal there. The landlord and landlady couldn't have been more welcoming.

It reminded me of how wrong the corporate chain pubs are.

A warm log fire....real good ales and a conversation. Adult staff...no corporate chain"check you're 21" age badges......a pub.

A pub like this country is missing.

I sat and had my meal and a pint of IPA only to be seduced into trying the home made sloe gin.....which I might add was outstanding.

As I sat at the bar...the locals arrived and the landlord knows them all....

So nice to see....you're a credit to the village and to the trade.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I never tire of this place. The food is to die for. The menu caters for all tastes and pockets from simple/good value bar snack type meals to spoiling yourself 3 course dinners. The newly installed Landlord/Owner is a treat to do business with and his recent 'Blitz Night' just before Christmas was an excellent start to the Xmas Season. I don't see how anybody cannot give this establishment a good name as my wife and I have never ever had a bad experiance here. Well worth a visit for the food and the drink.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

This place really offers very good food, freshly cooked to order and a lot of items are made on the premises such as the deserts. My only niggle is if you do suffer form asthma, please try and avoid sitting at the table behind the fireplace as in winter months when the smoke smell really gets at your nose.

This old pub does offer level access on side door into the pub, and there is full disabled access and toilet facilities available.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Arrived at The George Inn to be greeted by the friendly landlord and his staff, The pub was warm and welcoming. Happy for ramblers to keep their boots on. The bar lunch menu contained a number of choices which satisfied our requirements for a light lunch and we were happy with the service.

The roast tomato soup was clearly home made and the chips were voted to be good. I enjoyed the smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich.Would definitely return again with the ramblers.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We went there for Saturday lunch and were the only ones in the restaurant which was a shame as It meant there wasn't much of an atmosphere. The food was very good. The staff were friendly and they had an open fire which meant it was nice to come into from the cold outside.