“Really enjoyable tour :)”

Oxbridge Tours Cambridge
Ranked #11 of 44 Tours in Cambridge
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Oxbridge Tours offers academic and cultural walking tours for corporate groups, schools and tourists led by current Cambridge University students. Our Walk of Fame tour is a 90 minute insight into the lives of famous alumni such as Darwin, Newton, Hawking and many many more. Your student guide will take you through the Colleges and streets of Cambridge and show you everything from where DNA was discovered to the famous King's College Chapel. We also offer special group tours as well as private tours and river tours. More information is on our website.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really enjoyable tour :)”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My parents always insist on going on tours when we visit places.. i HATE them- i'm not a fan of being lectured to about historical stuff, but my parents love it.. Amazingly though, this one i really enjoyed!! Our guide Van is a student at Cambridge, so he was really enthusiastic and told us loads about the city and the colleges without making it sound like a lecture (BIG plus!). Also it wasn't too long or too intense, and it is a really beautiful city so there were loads of things to see, and interesting stories.. For once both me and my parents had a good time- we didn't have time to go punting though which was a shame... We'll come back though!

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Sarah J

Madrid, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really good fun, and very clever!”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I moved to London recently, and Cambridge was on first of my list. I meeting with my friends already living there who came also on my tour. I think they have as much fun as I. Actually becoming inside the colleges with the students! and they are showing me around a lot of places I may not go without student guide. Some very funny stories he can tell us also! Lots of character and fun in these tour, and I learned lot about Cambridge. I can not ask for more as a beautiful day to follow it

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Andrew M
Dronfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A very worthwhile and useful experience”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My 17 year old daughter and I were the only people on our tour with guide Aidan. We were on a university 'road trip' and our reason for seeking a tour was to get a feel of Cambridge as a possible place for my daughter to study. Having Aidan exclusively to ourselves couldn't have worked out better. He was extremely knowledgable about the colleges from a historical point of view but, more importantly for me, as he is a new graduate, he was an excellent source of information for a potential student and her mum. He was brilliant!! He answered all our questions with enthusiasm and first hand knowledge plus gave us the history of the colleges on our tour. Well worth the money and I would recommend this avenue to parents in my position ie: unable to attend regular open days due to the impossibility of getting time off work when they are being held (hard to believe I work in a school eh?)

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Karen H
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent - Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Went on a 2 hour tour which was sufficient time for what we had wanted to see around Cambridge. John our guide was clearly passionate about History and his anecdotes kept us thoroughly entertained. Would recommend comfortable walking shoes so the whole experience isn't spoiled through getting blisters on feet!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Smallville_Fan
Parker, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“An Excellent Tour Led By Real Students”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My group of 37 used Oxbridge Tours for a 90 minute walking tour of Cambridge University. Our guides were real Cambridge students who provided an excellent insight into the history of the university and what it is like to live and work their today. The highlight of the trip for me was eating lunch at the Cambridge Debating Society. So much history! The tour was excellent value and the Oxbridge Tours team were highly professional and responsive to all our needs.

Visited July 2011