“Great punting tour on 7th September 2013”

Oxbridge Tours Cambridge
Ranked #12 of 44 Tours in Cambridge
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Oxbridge Tours offers academic and cultural walking tours for corporate groups, schools and tourists led by current Cambridge University students. Our Walk of Fame tour is a 90 minute insight into the lives of famous alumni such as Darwin, Newton, Hawking and many many more. Your student guide will take you through the Colleges and streets of Cambridge and show you everything from where DNA was discovered to the famous King's College Chapel. We also offer special group tours as well as private tours and river tours. More information is on our website.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Greifswald, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great punting tour on 7th September 2013”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

For me this was not the first time punting. I've been to Cambridge 2 years ago and gone punting with a 2 quid discount and of course that was fantastic. And this year, revisiting this place, i was blessed to go again for free! am truly delighted to have seen the wonderful views along the river and enjoyed the atmosphere on boat once again after such a long long time. It's highly recommended!
Thanx Ben! i really had a lot of fun. :-D

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Sophia L

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cambridge walking tour-Saturday 31st August”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I took my 80+ year old mother, who was born in Cambridge, on this tour. Although we (both!) found it exhausting,it was well worth it . The guide, a Cambridge graduate himself, was superb-whimsical, challenging, intelligent and knowledgeable he was our Pied Piper with the depth of a Ph D, but the levity and wit of Pope.
Once, the embrocation has worked its magic we'll be back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank anthonycoombs
Lewes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overseas Academic Group”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I used Oxbridge Tours for the recent visit of 13 academics to Cambridge.The experience was of a friendly, helpful and superbly efficient organisation who managed to fulfil all requests despite frequent changes and the relaxed attitiude towards timings of the guests. The translator was educated and competent and handled the request to morph the walking tour into a shopping trip without any fuss. Super

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Peter F F
Newport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Coleg Gwent Chinese Summer School”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We used this company to help us explore Cambridge, they were brilliant. The tour guide was lovely, well informed and adaptable to the audience. The punting organisation was great. The company made our day a great day! Would definitely recommend you to use them and I would again in the future.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Sarah H
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Just shy of perfect”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I was traveling the UK and made stops in both Oxford and Cambridge. I was in Cambridge on a Tuesday and it wasn't as busy as usual according to the local folk but I really wanted to go on a walking tour and see the colleges from the inside. With no walking tours going the guys advertising them asked if I'd rather want to go punting, I was more than willing instead to pay full price for a guide...BEST decision ever, my guide Donna was absolutely super, interesting and fun and gave me a sneak peek of what it's like to be a student there! My tour was just shy of being perfect as I had a train to catch but still well worth it! Big ups to Donna and her team that set it up.

Visited July 2013