“Great little find!”
Review of Benson House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Benson House
Ranked #23 of 126 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Benson House is a lovely place to stay. Quite central but peaceful. The owner Julie is a warm,friendly lady,who makes you feel welcome straight away. The rooms are clean and very comfy,tastefully furnished and great value. Breakfast was excellent,lots of choice and well presented. Overall a great place to stay,we will go back!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed two nights at Benson house and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Very friendly & pleasant proprietor, lovely rooms with first class fixtures and fittings and an amazing breakfast. We would go again. Thank you very much!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had been booked in a B&B In Cambridge but the standard was not of our taste. We called in at the tourist information office for a booklet on the accomedation around Cambrige and called the land lady of Benson House and she told us that she had room.
We got to the guest house and found a real dimond gem it is tastfully decorated,Very clean,superb breakfasts,great service and a wonderfully warm host.
We shall definatley will be returning to Benson House in the future.
Many Thanks once again making our stay a most enjoyable one.
Dawn & David Croft West Yorkshire

Room Tip: I could not choose realy has all the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn C
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I booked this B&B after a horrible experience last November in Cambridge at another place. This time I wanted to make sure I found somewhere good as I was travelling with my very elderly father. I had spoken to the landlady on the phone and discussed his needs (no more than 1 flight of stairs, twin beds etc). We arrived shortly after 2pm, were greeted pleasantly, shown to a lovely room which, despite looking onto the main road was surprisingly quiet due to triple glazing. Comfortable beds, lovely crisp sheets, nice ensuite with excellent shower and complementary toiletries, tea-making facilities & a big comfy armchair in the bay window. Breakfast choice was very good, & our "full English" was cooked to order & very tasty. My daughter who is at one of the colleges across the road joined us for breakfast and was made to feel welcome. The only downside for visitors like us with mobility issues might be the parking, which according to another review is round the back but then involves quite a walk. I didn't check this out with the landlady as I'd arranged to park at my daughter's college and we had very little luggage for one night. Would definitely book again. It's a relief to know there's somewhere to stay in Cambridge that bridges the gap between over-posh grand hotels and tatty, over-priced & grubby guest houses. Thanks for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosanna P
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed here one night, never again. The parking is exactly at the back of the house, but to get to it you have to drive round three blocks. I had a heavy bag to carry - I am a middle-aged lady - and I had to carry my bag all the way round walking there and back to the car parking space; the owner of Bensons would not let me walk through their kitchen, nor would she take it through for me, neither when when I arrived nor when I left. The reason she gave for being so unhelpful and unfriendly was 'health and safety', but when I queried that with the owner of another B and B, I was told that was nonsense, Benson's was just being awkward.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed at Benson House in September 2012 while attending a meeting at Robinson House (easy walk to the Cambridge colleges or to old Cambridge). Beds comfy-ours on 3rd floor was plenty firm by the way (apparently someone didn't like their twin beds in other review), bathroom compact but nice. Owner is very thoughtful (a B&B "lifer"), leaves snacks and hot drink ingredients in the room, has excellent dining suggestions. Nice variety of breakfast entrees. We loved our stay and will return next time we're back in Cambridge.

Room Tip: The only room available for us was on 3rd floor with dormer ceiling but still comfy and well appoint...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShelBenj
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Very comfortable room (the Queen bed room I stayed in anyway), and atmosphere. Superb hi-speed wireless internet. Friendly (but not too friendly!) hostess, who made a scrumptuous breakfast in the morning. Close to the center of Cambridge. Wonderful stay, if only for 1 night. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business