Arundel House Hotel
Doubletree
  • Room Service
US$169
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$148
HIExpress.com
US$275
US$239
Hilton
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
US$201
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$253
US$222
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
US$156
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjesus greenthe riverstayed in the coach housecontinental breakfast iscity centrepleasant walkplenty of parkingvisiting cambridgeyogurtconservatory
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Within 10 -15 minutes walk into the centre of beautiful Cambridge; right on the river and with on-site parking, the location is fantastic. However, the service leaves a lot to be desired: at front desk and morning breakfast, I couldn't help feeling as if I was in the way. Not good enough.
However, the room was very comfortable and as long as you are prepared to lug large suitcases up a number of stairs, I would still recommend the place as a base for this city,

Room Tip: Probably best to get a room facing the carpark and away from the staircases, to ensure a good sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hkannie27
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have read some mixed reviews of this friendly hotel, and do not understand why.
The location is superb; we walked everywhere during our four days in Cambridge, and never needed a cab. Room #104 was spotless and spacious with high ceilings and a large Victorian window overlooking the River Cam and Jesus Green. It was quiet and on the main floor. The bathroom was clean, large, and served with apparently endless hot water. We had all of our all breakfasts and dinners at the hotel; the menu was varied and interesting, the meals were prepared to a high standard, the service was friendly and attentive, the wine list offered many good choices, the coffee was hot and strong, As a dinner starter the sea bass was so good I ordered it every night! A continental breakfast is included, but we opted for the hot prepared meal every morning at an additional cost, and it was excellent. Annette, the manager, and her staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.This hotel has been created out of a row of Victorian homes over a period of years, which gives it a special charm; I imagine no two rooms are alike. Our experience at this very nice hotel could not have been better.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 104 for three nights. Large, clean, comfortable, overlooking the river Cam and Jesus Green. This room fronts on the street, but is high enough that the view is over the roofs of any cars. We heard no traffic, and no noise from adjacent rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bruceandkim
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I really liked this hotel. Great location with ample parking. We stayed in the Coach House and the rooms were big, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast in the conservatory was good and the staff were friendly and helpful. No complaints from me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 51Wendy
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose to stay in Cambridge overnight, but I think the hotel was charging "Cambridge " prices! I think the hotel was over- priced as it was tired looking and tatty. The bathroom needed redecorating especially around the shower. Shower gel and milk seemed to be on ration and for the price charged I think a full breakfast should be included.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a saturday night and booked a superior room thinking it would be spacious and more luxurious than a standard room. It was a very ordinary room and was not worth the £145 for one night. We had stayed in a Novotel the night before and had a larger room for £100.05 less! When checking out I asked what was superior about the room and was told it was larger and quieter than a standard room. As it was within a separate building in the car park, it was noisy when people came back to their cars, although I accept it was probably quieter than a road facing room. I think this hotel is taking advantage of the lack of hotel accommodation in Cambridge by charging such high prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple