“Cambridge Bike Tour”

Cambridge Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Great fun! great stories and a great day out. Cover the city, more of the river and get off the beaten track on a mountain bike or our antique British bikes. Your eccentric guide takes you round the city and out into the countryside at a leisurely pace to really soak up the atmosphere. City Tour, Grantchester Tour and American Cemetery Tours available individually. See our website for details.
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cambridge Bike Tour”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Cambridge is synonymous with cycling so this was the best way for me to see the city over a two hour trip. Anthony the owner was informative and had amusing anecdotes to tell to bring the fact that this is a university town to life. Id recommend this to anyone of any cycling ability including young families. The trip is away from the busy roads (cars) but there are lots of other cyclists and pedestrians about. Great gig well worth the money

Visited March 2014

dubai
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not for families - backed out of confirmed booking”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We had a made a booking for our family and had received email confirmation on the booking as well as the use of a Dutch bike for our 2 year old. In fact the use of the bike had been offered by the company.
On reaching the meeting point (after taking a 1 hour train) we were told that neither was a booking made for us but even it were our 2 year old could not go because the Dutch bike was no longer available. "I must have made a mistake - we don't take young children"
Now I don't have a problem with a company not accommodating families but we only booked AFTER getting confirmation that we would be taken and stating the ages of our children.
This might be a good tour but clearly not for families. Be warned if you get a confirmation you will not be taken. You are better off taking the hop on hop off bus which covers more of the city and has an interesting commentary with historical perspective.
The rating is given for having misleading information on the website - they should clearly state that young children are not allowed. Also the rating reflects the unprofessional attitude of the owner in confirming our booking and then just backing out. So be warned if you get a confirmation there is still no guarantee you will be taken - go with a plan B

Visited October 2013
1 Thank fman03
Anthony888888, Owner at Cambridge Bike Tours, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
THIS REVIEW IS BEING ASSESSED BY TRIPADVISOR READY FOR DELETION

PLEASE NOTE: THIS REVIEWER HAS NOT BEEN ON A TOUR

This is a very unfortunate situation. We do not take deposits or require guests to pay in advance as we know that when travelling, plans often change. We like to take a relaxed approach but ask people to let us know if they are looking to join a tour so we know to expect them. Very rarely do we cancel a tour (twice in three years) but this particular customer was unable to go on a tour due to a cancellation, which has clearly upset them. In this instance it was because of a family funeral, which I have no wish to advertise on the internet but I have no alternative. We don't like to let people down and like I say it rarely happens. We have apologised in person and over numerous emails but there you go.

I find it amusing to read this review that says we are not family friendly given that we had three families from Denmark, Bedfordshire and France with a total of six children all under the age of 12 just yesterday (21st April 2014) and we had a great time! I think children get the most out of our tours as they get to be independent on their own bike and ride around with adults learning history without realising it. It would be a shame if this review put you off bringing your children on a tour.

When I travel I always go on a Bike Tour because I think it's a great way to see a city but I don't rest my hopes on a great day out purely on whether a Bike Tour will be operating. There are lots of things to do in Cambridge so don't get upset if the museum you want to go to is closed or there's no-one to take you punting, just cheer up and do something else. You never know you might have a good time!

If you have any questions about bringing children on a Bike Tour or anything else just drop us a line to info@cambridgebiketours.co.uk or give us a call on +44 1223 366868

Anthony Dean
CB1 1EJ
London, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“great tour, fun and interesting”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We’d been trying to visit Cambridge for a while, and as a keen cyclist, i wanted to do something a little different,
Found Cambridge cycle tours from a Google search, and booked ourselves on for a 10.30am Sunday ride.
Met Anthony and Gus, followed by a short walk to sort out bikes and paper work.
Antony made the tour interesting and fun, full of facts, figures, and we got to see way more than if we were walking. After the tour we even walked to some the locations to revisit and spend a little more time taking photographs.
Can highly recommend this tour!

Visited October 2013
Sydney
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Very average”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We did a bike tour of Cambridge recently and found it rather boring!After meeting in then park at 10.30am we went to get the bikes which took a while ,did not start biking till after 11am - rode for the next hour though parks !Saw the college boat houses and some cows it was pretty then into the old part down the main street then across the cam to view kings college from the backs (as they call it).
We wanted a bit more history as there is so much in this area but what we got was very shallow and we felt a waist of time considering we only had 1 day in Cambridge we wanted more.
You are better off taking a punt ride as they give you more info and then seeing kings college cathedral then go for a wander down the gorgeous old cobble stone streets

Visited September 2013
2 Thank JJDNG
Bluffton, South Carolina
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Great way to see the sights if the city - more talking than biking”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was a great way to see the city, with a very knowledgeable guide. Me, my wife and my adult daughter did this on a glorious Sunday in September. We learned a lot about the city in a short time, and with the bikes, we covered more ground and it worked for me - since walking that distance would have hurt my knees. Only complaint, bike seats too high and not adjustable and as an avid biker - I wished we biked a bit more

Visited September 2013