“Really worth it!”

Cambridge Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Great fun! great stories and a great day out. Cover the city, more of the river and get off the beaten track on a mountain bike or our antique British bikes. Your eccentric guide takes you round the city and out into the countryside at a leisurely pace to really soak up the atmosphere. City Tour, Grantchester Tour and American Cemetery Tours available individually. See our website for details.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Great fun from start to finish. This tour was the highlight of our visit to Cambridge and a great way to see all of the beauty of Cambridge including the river bank, boathouses, the most prestigious colleges, and some hidden gems including a real tennis court! Anthony was a wonderful guide: personable, entertaining and very knowledgable. This was one of the best tours we have done and warmly recommend it. We also appreciated great tips on pubs for lunch and punt hires. Thanks Anthony and Gus!

1  Thank MarianneMcC

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Bikes all over the place, no apparent rules nor respect for other cyclists or pedestrians and the group even took one biker out. The guide even commented 'yeah we're a nightmare, deal with it, that's life' - a totally unprofessional, disrespectful & frankly dangerous way of conducting a group tour.

Anthony888888, Owner at Cambridge Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

****** REVIEW REPORTED FOR DELETION******
Although we would sometimes like to be able to cycle for some of our guests by it's very nature a Bike Tour requires people to cycle themselves. We urge people that are not able to cycle or indeed nervous of cycling to not come on a Bike Tour and perhaps go on a walking tour or dare I say even the bus. I don't actually remember seeing any of my guests 'take out' another bike on the road this month or even this year so it that happened it must of been a very minor incident that no-one brought to my attention. I remember two years ago there was an American lady who went round a blind corner on the wrong side of the road and caught another cyclist. They both picked themselves up and got on with their day. No harm done. In almost fours years of running these tours I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to get out the first aid kit and they were for stinging nettle stings and the odd graze but that's really it. We are a very safe tour and to say that we are not is unreasonable. Of course roads get busy like anywhere in the world but mainly because of pedestrians in the city centre here so we have to ring our bells a lot. We stay off the roads for 90% of our morning tour and probably 95% of our afternoon tour. Pedestrians get everywhere and I'd love to sweep them all up but you just can't. We try and live together as one big happy family. It's a shame that this review says that the guide was 'rude'. I can't imagine that to be the case. If you believe that a guest saying 'the roads are really busy aren't they?' and the guide replying saying 'yeah they are a nightmare' as being 'rude' then that amazes me. I think there's been a misinterpretation here somewhere. I think it's important that the guides have a laugh and a joke with their guests on the tour. It would be a shame if our guides wrapped everyone up in cotton wool and just fed facts to them. We like our active and fun tours just the way they are. However if you'd like a nice quiet ride I would recommend coming on our Grantchester tour to the countryside in the afternoons or come on a City Tour during the week not on a Saturday in July when Cambridge is a busy place. If anyone has any questions about safety please feel free to contact me. Many thanks, Anthony info@cambridgebiketours.co.uk

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were a group of 7 girls travelling up to Cambridge for a weekend away from London. What a great day we had on the cycing tour and would definitely recommend it for all. Exploring this beautiful city and countryside by bike is the obvious choice as that's how all the locals get around..and its flat! Anthony makes it an enjoyable day out..full of stories and includes interesting spots around Cambridge that are off the 'tourist trap'..the pub in Grantchester a hit with us all! He was very flexible with our group booking allowing some of us to do the full day tour & some to do the half day tour only. Its an easy yet enjoyable cycle able for all ages/levels of fitness/groups/couples/singles. It was a definite highlight of our weekend for all of us

1  Thank LWA75
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked for our family of four, met at the meeting point then spent a very long time faffing about before actually getting to the offices (the owner's house) and collecting the bikes. The selection of bikes appeared to be fairly limited - we cycle a lot in Amsterdam and I was surprised to end up with a men's bike, supposedly because there weren't any women's bikes for my height.

I think we would have done better with a hop on hop off tour, and perhaps enjoyed this tour more if there had been more time in the day to go and do a different tour afterwards. We got to see most of what we needed to see, but I am not 100% enthusiastic about this offering and feel a bit like we should have done something else. Good for them though on seeing a gap in the market and filling it.

1  Thank AshinAmsterdam
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had one day in Cambridge. This is an excellent way to do it.
Anthony was prompt in meeting us and getting us going. Got to see all sorts of back lanes and places you wouldn't normally see. Plus the touristy things. Anthony was full of interesting history and local stories. Had a great pub meal and an afternoon punting.
All up, a great experience. Well worthwhile... Assuming you can ride a bike with some confidence!

1  Thank PeterDD64