Helen Hotel
US$252
US$242
Doubletree
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$148
HIExpress.com
US$170
The Lensfield(Cambridge)
US$202
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$236
US$156
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centresmall hotelbuffet stylehash brownsminute walkhot and cold foodcooked itemscooked breakfastfree parkingpriced hotelnice stayplenty of parkinggood sizestayed two nightsbus stoprail stationyogurt
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I was going to a gig at Cambridge Junction and this hotel could not have been more convenient - it's less than a 5 minute walk away. All the staff that I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. There are 4 parking spaces at the front of the hotel, and additional spaces around the corner (all free). I had a single room, which was on the small side but manageable, same with the bathroom. The electrical sockets were difficult to reach, as they were tucked behind furniture and I had to put the kettle on the floor to make the lead reach. The room was cold when I arrived but soon warmed up when I adjusted the radiator; however there was no heating in the bathroom. The shower control was tricky - the slightest turn changed it from boiling to freezing and back again. There is no lift, and the stairs are a little narrow, so be aware of this if you have a lot of luggage. The room was nicely decorated, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent - a hot and cold buffet, plus tea or coffee, juice and toast.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are visiting the Junction.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed only for one night as I my brother in law was being interviewed in Hommerton college opposite to the hotel. The room was nice, small but with TV and a large bed and private bathroom. Breakfast was nice as well as all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding in Cambridge and booked 3 rooms in total.
We thought the hotel was in a great location, walkable to the city centre (although a good walk, to be fair!) and good value for money, in what seems to be an expensive city to stay in.
Free parking was a bonus!
Very close to a cinema and restaurant complex, so plenty of choice for a meal out without having to drive or take a taxi.
Rooms were clean and adequate for our stay.
Breakfast was a little limited and lukewarm, however the waitress happily put my baked beans in the microwave to heat them up for me!
Staff were friendly and helpful at all times.
Overall, a nice little hotel which we would happily return to in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I plus two friends stayed at the Helen Hotel for two nights (8th @ 9th Sept 2012) the purpose of our visit was to attend the Duxford Airshow (great entertainment) The hotel does not look very imposing from the outside and would certainly benefit from a coat of paint,however inside it is charming with rooms well appointed, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was very good and set us up for the day. It's a 10 minute walk to the railway station and about 30 mins walk into the city. There are regular buses into the city and there is a bus stop immediately outside the hotel. We enjoyed our visit and would certainly use the Helen Hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RickH88
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We recently stayed at The Helen Hotel for 4 nights, attending the Folk Festival (which was approx a 30 minute walk away). We actually made our booking quite a few months prior to our stay, & during those months leading up to it I occasionally checked for any more reviews left on Trip Advisor. I have to say that I was slightly hesitant about our booking after reading some of the negative comments on here, but after arriving on the Thursday afternoon at the Hotel, all of those worries disappeared. We found all the staff (reception, waitresses, cleaners) to be very friendly & welcoming. We had one particular waitress at breakfast who was very friendly & chatty. The breakfast was ok:- juice / tea / coffee / toast was served by the waitress, & a self-service table for cereals / fruits / cooked breakfast. Our room (No. 227 – on the 1st floor - a double en-suite with shower over the bath..using mixer taps) was extremely spacious with plenty of storage/drawers, & even had a settee. There was also a safe stored in the wardrobe which, after obtaining a key from reception, we made full use of. Overall we had a very pleasant stay, & based on our experience we would recommend this hotel. We would stay again if we attend the festival in the future.

Room Tip: Room 227 (double) was spacious & comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple