I got an electric shock from the hairdryer and on closer examination there were bare wires which must have touched my wrist - resulting in the hairdryer exploding leaving me with a large sooty mark and quite shaken. Surprised such a thing could happen in this day and age of Health & Safety.
This incident happened about 7.30pm on Saturday evening - the receptionist was very good but the duty manager could only be contacted by phone. As this hotel promotes itself as being a privately run hotel, owned by the same family since 1950, I was somewhat disappointed that the owner did not make the effort to contact me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fine listed building is situated in the heart of Cambridge. As a privately owned hotel we take pride in offering a personal, efficient and competitive service at all times. The Regent Hotel is completely non-smoking and all of the 22 bedrooms are fully air conditioned for your comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Regent Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regent Hotel Cambridge
- Regent Cambridge
- Cambridge Regent