“You couldn't pay me enough to make me stay here again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stationroomz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Stationroomz
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Truro, United Kingdom
“You couldn't pay me enough to make me stay here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

Terrible stay from start to finish, a very disorganised, unprofessional and unsecure 'hotel'. The only positive thing about staying here is that it is only 40yrds from Cambridge Station, so convienient to get around. Would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

my room was never cleaned, tea and coffee not restocked. The tv was not tuned. The room was filthy. Only positive was the breakfast!
A colleague was also staying and found a labelled key to her room had been left outside in the corridor all night! Very disappointing!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

I arrived with my girlfriend to be greeted by a sign outside the reception 'shed' stating 'back in 15 minutes'. Well, the receptionist was but he then informed us that the room wasn't ready. Check in time was from 1.30 p.m. It was 4 p.m. Rooms had to be vacated by 10.30 so what had happened in the intervening 5.30 hours? Had the staff been holding a seance there? The receptionist suggested that we could wait in the nearby railway station 'as it was warmer there'. I'm still trying to deduce whether this was a serious suggeston or some sort of 'in joke'.

Anyway, a short time later, check in completed without further incident, we were escorted to our room. This was in the basement of the adjoining stable. I opened the door and nearly fainted from the stench of disinfectant. The floor was sopping wet. I half expected to see the standard 'caution - wet floor' sign - but, no. Perhaps I should have skated across the floor, smashed a few bones and sued the hotel...

Having come round from the disinfectant, I surveyed the room. It was adequate, though a little spartan, and the bed was a decent size with a reasonable matress. A good night's sleep and all would be well...

Just to be clear, I recommend that anyone intending to stay here should ensure they've slept non-stop for a least a day before doing so. What, with the floodlights shining through the blinds, constantly banging doors, and lots of people talking in the street outside - the Sleep Deprivation Orchestra was in full swing. Someone coughed in another room. The effect was if someone had stood beside the bed, leant over and coughed in my face. Not their fault of course - blame the parchment thin walls.

The following morning I, bleary eyed, staggered up to the breakfast room. The food was fine but it was hardly plentiful - I'd read about rationing during the 2nd World War but never experienced it - until now. Welcome to the age of austerity. I managed to sneak a croissant and a splash of juice, any more and I would have been wracked by guilt.

According to the website blurb, 'Cityroomz aims to ensure a comfortable night's sleep followed by a light breakfast.' This should be changed to 'Cityroomz ensures a light night's sleep followed by an even lighter breakfast'.

I would only stay again as a last resort.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulAndrew_11
Bradford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

My boyfriend and I got to the dungon I mean hotel, only to find that the receptionist was not there. When he did arrive after 15 minutes of us waiting in the pouring rain he told us that our room was not ready. Great. We had to wait a further 20 minutes. We were then asked to pay upfront and were given three keys, one for the "front door" and two for our room which made no sense, as you needed a front door to get into the room. We went in and there was a very dirty smell in the hall way- a bit like a crack den. Very dirty. We got to our room and the floor was still wet, with a strong smell of cleaning fluid. I felt very unsafe being there, security seemed lax and at £67 per night I did not think that I would have to put up with filth, bad smells, and being afraid to close my eyes for fear of something bad happening. I slept with the doors well and truely locked. NEVER AGAIN. They ought to be sued for false advertising. DISGUSTING

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilichaudhry
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

In Cambridge for 3 nights on business, and was booked into this place by my manager. Reception staff didn't seem aware of what was going on, rooms TINY (barely enough space to spin round), as was the 'en-suite'. Window wouldn't shut properly, noise outside horrific all night, as were the 2 floodlights shining through my window. If I had paid £20 a night I would have expected a hole like this- the travelodge just down the road is cheaper and FAR superior. Avoid at all costs (and also my colleague found blood on her duvet when she arrived)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank greengarfy
Bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

This place was easy to find. RIGHT next to the station so great if you are getting the train to Cambridge. I didnt hear the trains at all though. Rooms were very small if you go for bunk beds but you wont believe how they make the space work. TV, stool, tea and coffee making facilities, shower, toilet...what else do you need! The double rooms in the basement were bigger. I'd pick one of those next time. Breakie wasn't all that but there is an M&S opposite I think. £5 cab ride into the centre. Would defo stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
the toon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

When I booked the cheapest hotel I could find in Cambridge I did not expect such a comfortable stay. Although the room was small (those with a BMI>35 would probably not fit in the shower!) it was clean, warm with surpirsingly good facilities- TV, tea/coffee, fresh towels and soap. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was self service and continental. Extremely good value for money- would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business