I stayed here before a job interview at Addenbrooke. I was able to get off the train and see it straight away. The reception is staffed all the time and the guy there was very friendly. It is very casual and laid back. It is just somewhere to sleep, eat, leave your stuff and then go see Cambridge with a bit more money to do so.
1. With a plusbus ticket I was able to hop on and off buses all the time as pretty much every one goes past the train station. You never seem to wait more than a minute until one shows up.
2. They let me stay on in their breakfast room all morning post-checkout to use their wifi with my laptop for job interview prep.
3. They also let me keep my suitcase there, including coming back to change and then leave it again until my evening train. Also lent me an iron/ironing board for as long as I wanted.
4. Breakfast was cereals (muesli, corn flakes, honey nut), a jug of milk, a jug of orange juice, bowl of croissants, baguettes with cheese or ham, jams/pot of nutella, those hot water containers with make your own tea/coffee (tetley/nescafe instant). The breakfast room has tall stools and benches - 2 plug sockets.
5. I found my bed comfy, a nice hard mattress. There are no single rooms, even 1 person is given a twin bunk cabin room - it is in fact just like cabin of a ship.
6. If you email them beforehand, they write back asap.
7. Two big towels, one hand towel, two little hand soaps, two soft toilet rolls, a bin, a stool, a tiny kettle with the usual mugs/tetley/nescaf/milk/sugar sachets, a tv, a low rail to hang things and a bible. Oh and each bed has a reading lamp. Also lots of sockets.
1. For £52.50 it was roughly the same price as local B&Bs, but those have shared bathrooms and arn't right beside the train station. I stayed here because the cheaper university college rooms had booked up fast, I could of paid more for travelodge etc but I would have had to pay for breakfast and transport to find it off my late arriving train.
2. It was very small and lots of noisy people about, but I didn't really mind and it was the kind of place where other people strike up a conversation with you - far from lonely! The communal areas are tatty but the room itself was fine, as was the breakfast room.
3. It took my a while of running the shower to get hot water, but there was plenty.
4. You can rent a bike just outside
5. If you don't ask, you don't receive - access to info, iron, hairdryer, remote control etc. They handle complaints well and have an open door policy for reception, where someone always sits.
1. If you can't climb stairs, you couldn't stay here. If you are tall, you also might not like it.
2. Even though given the closest room to the breakfast room, I still couldn't get wifi there so had to work in there.
3. Someone was turning my door handle in the early hours.
4. After a day in 30+ degrees heat, it was just as hot in my room unfortunately - only an open window to get some air in.
5. My suitcase was fine, but was under a desk that anyone could get access too - so it's not like secure left luggage, but was free. The bike shop outside keeps bags for a fee, but only until 6pm.
6. If you need a guaranteed good sleep, have a certain standard of living/expectations or would never stay in a hostel, you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stationroomz is situated immediately outside Cambridge Railway Station, which is an easy 10 - 15 minute walk to all of the city centre attractions. We have 24 compact, but well equipped rooms with TV, Tea & Coffee.We offer, included in our rates, a light breakfast with baguettes, croissants, preserves, cereals, fruit juice and beverages, served in our breakfast room from 7.30 am until 9.30.Our single and twin rooms have comfortable cabin style beds.We do not have a bar or restaurant, but there are many to choose from in the area. There is plenty of car parking available at the railway station and we have 3 dedicated spaces for our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stationroomz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cityroomz Hotel Cambridge