“everything you need for a couple of nights, plus a nice breakfast too!”
Review of Stationroomz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Stationroomz
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Well what can i say at cityroomz. for starters i wasn't expecting the ritz for the very reasonable price of £47.50 but that said i was expecting all the basics to be in place and thats exactly what i got! A nice clean room albeit small, if you have ever been on a north sea ferry thats about the size of the rooms. that said the bed was nice and clean and very comfy, coffee and tea facilities were stocked with plenty of milk and sugar and obviously coffee and tea! the bathroom was clean and you get free soap and towels, refreshed daily. there was a space to hang my clothes, a working heater, a 14" TV though if you want more than the basic 5 channels then take a freeview box. there were plenty of outlets to plug in laptops and mobile phone chargers and as a nice little extra the staff are nice and friendly too! Oh one last thing before i forget the breakfast was nice too! cereals including cornflakes, muesli & fruit and fibre, croissants, chocolate bread, plenty of filled rolls, decent filter coffee tea and some fruit

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Stationroomz

Reviewed 20 February 2010

Think of a Super 8 Motel in the US, or of a Hôtel Première Classe, Formule 1 etc in Europe, and this is wat you get in the Cityroomz Hotel, plus a nice Ikea design.

The location in front of the railway station is very convenient. The Cambridge and its colleges are at a walking distance (ca. 15 mins.). You get excellent value for your money in this hotel: a good bed, a clean shower and a freshly made, delicious breakfast overviewing the coming and going of the railway station.

Only two minor points: I could not regulate the heating and I could not open the window (I like to sleep with fresh air). As other reviewers stated: highly recommended for women travelling alone!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were willing to print my boarding pass for my flight later that day.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2010

You might consider this hotel 'okay' or 'terrible' depending what you expect of it. There is a clean bed, there is a working heater, there is hot water. If that is what you are after, you are sorted. If a mouldy bathroom with leftover shampoo left on the top of the shower from previous guests and prison cell size of the room meet your strong disapproval, stay away.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2009

I stayed here and discovered a lot of the reviews were wrong. Its not five star but at under fifty pounds a night I was not expecting that. It was clean and I actually found the staff efficient and friendly. There are clear signs of a dilligent cleaner at work.

The breakfast (I must admit that I was there early) was as good as many three star hotels abroad. It was also very freshly prepared. I enjoyed watching the comings and goings to the station over breakfast.

It is also situation very close to the station in the bike park. I had to go to a party outside the city and I could get a bus too and from it direct to my hotel door. All the shops are not too far away. A tour bus goes from outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2009

The clarc was an incompetent fool who managed to process my check-in under somebody else's name. This caused a huge and unnecessary delay, as I was forced to appreciate the intricacies of his database software, and the general importance of his job.

The rooms were satisfactory. Breakfast was satisfactory.

I would not recommend this "hotel" to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2009

The website for this place leads you to believe it is a lot nicer than it is. We thought it would be something like an EasyHotel...small and generic but clean and well run. For what you have to pay, you may as well spring a few extra pounds and stay somewhere nicer. We started off in a double room in the basement. Very damp and a window right at ground level where exhaust from idling cars came in. We stayed in bigger rooms in Tokyo!

The bathroom facilities were run down, the sliding door to the toilet didn't slide, it was basically grotty. As it is right at the station, the late night noise from the train workers, constantly slamming doors and from the vehicles in the adjacent building was terrible. The 'clerk' admitted this noise was an on-going problem and that people usually complain. She had even tried sleeping there herself and found it to be horrible. No kidding!

We moved to second floor bunk beds the next night. It wasn't much better. Smacked my head on the TV that's stuck out from the wall in the middle of the room, it's all so poorly designed. Had a large clock screwed to the wall that ticked as loud as Big Ben. And a very noisy group of students in the halls.

It's not a hotel. It's an overpriced, low end hostel. As mature travellers, we recommend paying a few pounds more and getting something a bit nicer.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrysonLondon
Reviewed 15 June 2009

This is very basic accommodation and I would describe it as more like a hostel than a hotel. The rooms were clean but tiny (I hit my head on the TV stand several times!). Having said that it did the job for an overnight stay as long as you aren't expecting any frills, but you wouldn't want to spend too long a period in your room! Myself and my colleague went out for most of the evening and only went back to go to bed. I had single occupancy in a twin room (bunks) but it is beyond me how any more than one person would be able to stay in one of those tiny rooms! I also would not have wanted to stay there for more than one night.

Whilst the location is handy because it's right next to the train station, it's not in the nicest part of town. The surrounding area is pretty run down and in future I would probably choose to venture towards the main town / historical area and stay in a slightly nicer area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business