“do NOT stay at this "hotel"”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Stationroomz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Stationroomz
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Norwich, United Kingdom
“do NOT stay at this "hotel"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

In Cambridge for 3 nights on business, and was booked into this place by my manager. Reception staff didn't seem aware of what was going on, rooms TINY (barely enough space to spin round), as was the 'en-suite'. Window wouldn't shut properly, noise outside horrific all night, as were the 2 floodlights shining through my window. If I had paid £20 a night I would have expected a hole like this- the travelodge just down the road is cheaper and FAR superior. Avoid at all costs (and also my colleague found blood on her duvet when she arrived)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank greengarfy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

This place was easy to find. RIGHT next to the station so great if you are getting the train to Cambridge. I didnt hear the trains at all though. Rooms were very small if you go for bunk beds but you wont believe how they make the space work. TV, stool, tea and coffee making facilities, shower, toilet...what else do you need! The double rooms in the basement were bigger. I'd pick one of those next time. Breakie wasn't all that but there is an M&S opposite I think. £5 cab ride into the centre. Would defo stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
the toon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

When I booked the cheapest hotel I could find in Cambridge I did not expect such a comfortable stay. Although the room was small (those with a BMI>35 would probably not fit in the shower!) it was clean, warm with surpirsingly good facilities- TV, tea/coffee, fresh towels and soap. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was self service and continental. Extremely good value for money- would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

My boyfriend I had reservations for a Friday and Saturday night and we didn't end up staying there either night due to the awful management.

We showed up on Friday and were told that our reservations were for Saturday and Sunday. We were sent to another hotel up the road because Cityroomz was full. Upon checking into that hotel, we checked our email and discovered that we had in fact booked for Friday & Saturday. We immediately contacted the hotel and a short while later they admitted it was their mistake and we were told that we would be reimbursed for the new hotel.

We had a wedding to go to on Saturday but could not check-in to Cityroomz beforehand due to the timing of the wedding, so we left our luggage in their management office and explained that we were going to be back after the wedding. Well, weren't we surprised when we returned after the wedding to find the hotel closed. We were forced to find yet another hotel at 1am, meanwhile, all of our stuff was locked up in the Cityroomz office.

They reimbursed us for half of the 2nd hotel room, but I think they should have paid for the whole thing. We were never told the hotel would be closed at a certain time and the office should have not been closed when they had our luggage there and knew we would be returning.

I cannot believe a hotel this poorly run could still be in business. Save yourself the headache and stay somewhere else in Cambridge.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaclynmck

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Booked for one night. Staying with partner. Found it difficulty to find as was looking for a hotel not a railway siding shed. Reception very small and unhelpful. Asked about parking ... supplied no information about costs etc. Room appalling. smallest and worst room I have ever stayed in. Husband described the room as worse than a prison cell. Room 8ft by 8ft. Barely room to stand either side of the bed. Could not watch tv as person sleeping on the right hand side was right up against the tv. If the door to the shower room or should I say cupboard if had not been there when I got out of bed I would haved had my feet straight in the shower tray. Room smelled horrible - damp and dirty. We arrived fairly late and had nochoice but to stop. Very busy area and quite noisy.
If had been travelling on my own would haved left immediately did not feel safe there, Walk to our room was very dark down a slop into a dingy tatty hallway with an abandoned shower stool in the hallway. Only a blind on the window which was broken and the only way we could close it was by standing on the bed and holding on to the wall whilst we hauled it back down again and had to tie the threads around the bed to prevent the blind from going back up again. For a doulbe room only given one hand and bathtowel and a slither of soap. Towels did not smell very nice at all. Husband very concerned about security in the room and left our valuables in the boot of the car as he thought they were safer there. Breakfast in a very small room on the first floor. We went in at 9.00. Breakfast served from 7.30 to 9.30 a.m. Coffee was cold and only enought for one of us to have a cup as had run out. Only a couple of croissants left and limited cererals. Couple who came in after us - just left as no food left. Girl who was supposed to be attending to breakfast came in only once to remove dirty plates . ~Would never stop here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

We stayed for 2 nights for a friends wedding and it felt like staying in a bunker. The room/cell had no wardrobe or hooks and there was little place to put anything. The bathroom was small but adaquate. There was mould on the walls of the bedroom and a tiny window looking up to a carpark where a car was parked that let in little air. The bed was comfortable but sadly our sleep was frequently disturbed by doors slamming and cars and people talking. We later worked out that this was because the office for the train staff was opposite and of course they work shifts. Mmmm.... not impressed. Breakfast was a help yourself affair, and despite the offer of cold coffee or instant the food was ok. A little crowded though. We also developed a cough which we think was a result of the damp.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Went for my girlfriend's sisters wedding and being honest for the rate paid I could have stayed in a four star hotel in London, the room was so tiny I couldnt even walk around it at the same time as my girlfriend just terrible add that to hairs (not ours) in the shower and the worst nights sleep ever just avoid it at any cost.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple